Blogs, The View

The View: Celebrity Halloween costume superlatives

In my opinion, Instagram was created for the sole purpose of October 31. Halloween is the perfect excuse to get creative and prove to your friends via social media that no one does the holiday better than you. Celebrities make the very “effortful” look relatively effortless, so the following is the definitive list of the best celebrity Halloween costumes of 2016: yearbook-superlative style.

Most Creative
Jessica Alba as Snapchat filters – Alba took the idea that “everyone looks better with the dog filter” and ran with it. Featuring some of the classics like the rainbow tongue and flower crown, this costume is definitely Snap Story-worthy.

image03

via Instagram / @jessicaalba

Best Group Costume
The Baldwins as “The Incredibles” – It should be written in the law that if you are a celebrity family of five, you must dress up as the Incredibles at least once. The Baldwin family lived up to my high expectations and their littlest does a great Jack Jack.

image05

via Instagram / @hilariabaldwin

Best Celebrity Look-Alike
Josh Gad as Ken Bone – Several weeks ago, undecided voter Ken Bone entered the screens and the hearts of every American watching the presidential debate in his adorable red knit sweater. It’s slightly terrifying just how alike the “Frozen” voice actor and the Missouri resident look. Might have to do a double take.

image04

via Instagram / @joshgad

Best Dressed
Beyoncé as Barbie – Beyoncé already reigns as Queen of Everything, so of course she knocked it out of the park as the childhood-favorite doll. Not pictured: Jay Z as Ken and Blue Ivy as the cutest child to ever walk this Earth.

image07

via Instagram / @beyonce

Best All Around
Taylor Lautner as Ryan Lochte – His stunt as Shark Boy 11 years ago was just practice for his costume as the Olympian swimmer. His Instagram caption made it ten times better, too: “When you think you have a chance but Phelps wins again.”

image06

via Instagram / @taylorlautner

Most Spirited
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel as trolls from “Trolls” – The Timberlake-Biels killed two birds with one stone: an adorable costume and a PR push for Justin’s new movie all in one. Can’t stop the feeling that they were probably the most dedicated parents trick-or-treating Monday night.

image01

via Instagram / @jessicabiel

Most Dedicated
Katy Perry as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – Almost unrecognizable, Katy Perry must have at least 270 electoral votes pounds of face makeup and prosthetics on. No surprise the red pantsuit was the winning choice for the costume. Honestly, make America Kate again.

image00

via Twitter / @katyperry

Most Original
Mindy Kaling as Tom Hanks as Sully Sullenberger – She might be famous for hits like “The Office” and “The Mindy Project,” but Sully is famous for emergency-landing a plane successfully in the Hudson and a biographical drama and box-office smash starring Tom Hanks. It’s a costume in a costume, and Mindy stuck the landing.

image02

via Instagram / @mindykaling

Samantha Ulin

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...