Blogs, The View

The View: Celebrity Halloween costume superlatives

In my opinion, Instagram was created for the sole purpose of October 31. Halloween is the perfect excuse to get creative and prove to your friends via social media that no one does the holiday better than you. Celebrities make the very “effortful” look relatively effortless, so the following is the definitive list of the best celebrity Halloween costumes of 2016: yearbook-superlative style.

Most Creative
Jessica Alba as Snapchat filters – Alba took the idea that “everyone looks better with the dog filter” and ran with it. Featuring some of the classics like the rainbow tongue and flower crown, this costume is definitely Snap Story-worthy.

image03

via Instagram / @jessicaalba

Best Group Costume
The Baldwins as “The Incredibles” – It should be written in the law that if you are a celebrity family of five, you must dress up as the Incredibles at least once. The Baldwin family lived up to my high expectations and their littlest does a great Jack Jack.

image05

via Instagram / @hilariabaldwin

Best Celebrity Look-Alike
Josh Gad as Ken Bone – Several weeks ago, undecided voter Ken Bone entered the screens and the hearts of every American watching the presidential debate in his adorable red knit sweater. It’s slightly terrifying just how alike the “Frozen” voice actor and the Missouri resident look. Might have to do a double take.

image04

via Instagram / @joshgad

Best Dressed
Beyoncé as Barbie – Beyoncé already reigns as Queen of Everything, so of course she knocked it out of the park as the childhood-favorite doll. Not pictured: Jay Z as Ken and Blue Ivy as the cutest child to ever walk this Earth.

image07

via Instagram / @beyonce

Best All Around
Taylor Lautner as Ryan Lochte – His stunt as Shark Boy 11 years ago was just practice for his costume as the Olympian swimmer. His Instagram caption made it ten times better, too: “When you think you have a chance but Phelps wins again.”

image06

via Instagram / @taylorlautner

Most Spirited
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel as trolls from “Trolls” – The Timberlake-Biels killed two birds with one stone: an adorable costume and a PR push for Justin’s new movie all in one. Can’t stop the feeling that they were probably the most dedicated parents trick-or-treating Monday night.

image01

via Instagram / @jessicabiel

Most Dedicated
Katy Perry as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – Almost unrecognizable, Katy Perry must have at least 270 electoral votes pounds of face makeup and prosthetics on. No surprise the red pantsuit was the winning choice for the costume. Honestly, make America Kate again.

image00

via Twitter / @katyperry

Most Original
Mindy Kaling as Tom Hanks as Sully Sullenberger – She might be famous for hits like “The Office” and “The Mindy Project,” but Sully is famous for emergency-landing a plane successfully in the Hudson and a biographical drama and box-office smash starring Tom Hanks. It’s a costume in a costume, and Mindy stuck the landing.

image02

via Instagram / @mindykaling

Samantha Ulin

When the 2018 recruiting cycle came to an end in February, Miami, Florida and Florida State all fini ...

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

At the University of Miami, employee recognition comes in many forms. ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

Anna Runia won the women's 400m hurdles at the Netherlands track and field championships, while ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...