Football, Sports, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: football, volleyball, swimming and diving

Football

Miami has lost four straight games after starting the season with a record of 4-0. The Hurricanes are looking for a much-needed victory in their Homecoming game against a tough Pittsburgh team. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.

Volleyball

The team is on its best streak of the season with three wins in a row. It will face a big test on Friday when No. 12 North Carolina comes to Coral Gables. The match is set for 7 p.m., and Miami will also face off against NC State at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Both games will take place at the Knight Sports Complex.

Swimming and Diving

After performing well in the quad meet hosted by Notre Dame last week, highlighted by a first place finish by junior diver Wally Layland in the 3-meter event with a score of 325.30, the swimming and diving team will compete against Princeton at 1 p.m. on Friday at the UC Pool.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached at @isaiah_km.

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Once known as ‘Quarterback U,’ the Miami Hurricanes have a spotty record of producing top signal cal ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' football practice on Tues., Aug. 22, 2017 … Click to Con ...

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...