Football, Sports, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: football, volleyball, swimming and diving

Football

Miami has lost four straight games after starting the season with a record of 4-0. The Hurricanes are looking for a much-needed victory in their Homecoming game against a tough Pittsburgh team. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.

Volleyball

The team is on its best streak of the season with three wins in a row. It will face a big test on Friday when No. 12 North Carolina comes to Coral Gables. The match is set for 7 p.m., and Miami will also face off against NC State at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Both games will take place at the Knight Sports Complex.

Swimming and Diving

After performing well in the quad meet hosted by Notre Dame last week, highlighted by a first place finish by junior diver Wally Layland in the 3-meter event with a score of 325.30, the swimming and diving team will compete against Princeton at 1 p.m. on Friday at the UC Pool.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...