Opinion, Satire

Satire: HP disguises student DJ as Marshmello according to email leak

In early October, Hurricane Productions (HP) announced that popular producer and D.J. Marshmello would headline the annual Homecoming Concert. The concert, scheduled for Thursday, has been met with enthusiastic anticipation from the University of Miami community. As the hub for Electronic Dance Music in the U.S., it is fitting to host a rising star in the genre. Along with his high energy EDM mixes, Marshmello’s unique masked persona ensures a quality show every time.

Unfortunately, leaked emails exchanged between HP officials show that the university did not book Marshmello at all.

In a series of three emails (below), HP president and vice president plan to have a student perform in a costume instead.

screen-shot-2016-11-01-at-8-35-13-pm

“Chili Pep” likely refers to aspiring student D.J. Charlie Pink. Pink, sophomore, also goes by the monikers “The Pink Panther,” “Kid Party” and “CP the MC.” Charlie Pink regularly D.J.s off-campus parties and is known among UM students for his tendency to awkwardly attempt crowd surfing in crowds of fewer than ten people. When contacted by The Miami Hurricane, Pink responded with, “Check out my SoundCloud.”

It is unclear how administration will respond to these new email revelations.

Conner Barrett is a sophomore majoring in political science.

Featured image courtesy Wikimedia Commons.

Conner Barrett

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

He is considered among the finest defensive line coaches in the nation. And now, according to a writ ...

This is the time of year when every win or loss can make a difference in a team’s NCAA Tournament ch ...

Mike Brey doesn't pay much attention to the NBA draft stock of opposing players, but the Notre ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami women's golf team finished ninth at the 2018 Allstate Sug ...

Three Miami women's tennis players are featured in this week's Oracle/ITA rankings, along ...

Riding a five-game road winning streak, the Miami women's basketball team will look to make it ...

After capturing its opening series with Rutgers, No. 24 Miami continues a season-opening, seven-game ...

Walker IV scored 19, Izundu scored 14 and the Canes picked up a crucial win in South Bend. ...