Election 2016, Opinion, Satire

Satire: Popularity of debate drinking games causes concern for student health

In anticipation for the third and final presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, UHealth has issued the following statement to students:

“We are aware of the popular drinking games associated with the presidential debates. It is our responsibility as both health professionals and concerned members of the University of Miami community to warn students of the immense danger these games represent.

Please do not take a sip every time Donald Trump says, ‘Believe me,’ threatens to imprison Hillary Clinton, responds to a question about sexual assault with his plan to punch ISIS, blatantly interrupts Clinton, or assumes that every African-American citizen in the country lives in the ‘inner cities.’

Please do not take a sip every time Hillary Clinton enthusiastically tells us to go to hillaryclinton.com, drops the fact that Michelle Obama is her very good friend, or reminisces about her father’s work in the textile business.

Absolutely do not finish your drink every time a candidate clearly has no intention of answering the question, every time Clinton’s emails are mentioned, or every time you can hear Paul Ryan audibly crying.

Zika has literally been in South Florida for months and we are more worried about debate drinking games than any other health threat at the moment.”

This statement comes after multiple students reportedly sought emergency care for liver failure after the Oct. 9th debate. One student, who asked to remain anonymous, said that, “We had to take a drink every time our faith in America took a noticeable hit. I myself went through an entire handle.”

An official from PIER 21, the Dean of Students Office’s alcohol abuse prevention program, stated that presidential debate drinking games are the biggest threat to campus safety he’s ever seen.

“You can’t just take a shot after every time Hillary Clinton plugs her website. You will die.”

Although university officials have ardently warned against the dangers of politically themed drinking, they have stated that it is okay to pop a bottle of champagne every time America’s sweetheart Kenneth Bone is mentioned.

“We all need this right now.”

Conner Barrett is a sophomore majoring in political science.

About Author

Conner Barrett

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...