Football, Sports, UM-FSU

Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls

Miami football continues its move up in the rankings. The Hurricanes are now ranked No. 10 in both the AP Poll and the Amway Coaches poll.

This is the first time the Canes are the highest-ranked FBS team in the state of Florida since 2010, and this is the highest the team has been ranked in both polls since 2013.

UM was unranked at the start of the season, but has since made strides. The team is 4-0 and has outscored its opponents a combined 188-44 so far.

Miami will face its biggest test yet on Saturday when it goes up against rival No. 23-ranked FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls”

1. Jihad Shatara says:

Beating FSU would really mean the U is back. This would be a huge step forward to move on from the Al Golden era. Being ranked in the top 10 now is fun, but it really matters when it is time for the College Football Playoff committee to make a decision on the top 4.

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

How’s your landscaping after Hurricane Irma? Did you get it cleaned up (and replaced) as fast as the ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

The Hurricanes will be playing for all of South Florida when they host Toledo on Saturday at Hard Ro ...

The duo won its first seven matches of the  spring and went on to advance to the third round of the ...

The weekly ProCanes Report will weed through all the NFL highlights and news to bring you the inform ...

View some of the best images from the Miami women's tennis team's picture day in advance o ...

The men's cross country team moved up one spot to No. 14 in the South Region in the NCAA Divisi ...