Football, Sports, UM-FSU

Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls

Miami football continues its move up in the rankings. The Hurricanes are now ranked No. 10 in both the AP Poll and the Amway Coaches poll.

This is the first time the Canes are the highest-ranked FBS team in the state of Florida since 2010, and this is the highest the team has been ranked in both polls since 2013.

UM was unranked at the start of the season, but has since made strides. The team is 4-0 and has outscored its opponents a combined 188-44 so far.

Miami will face its biggest test yet on Saturday when it goes up against rival No. 23-ranked FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached at @isaiah_km.

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls”

1. Jihad Shatara says:

Beating FSU would really mean the U is back. This would be a huge step forward to move on from the Al Golden era. Being ranked in the top 10 now is fun, but it really matters when it is time for the College Football Playoff committee to make a decision on the top 4.

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...