Football, Sports, UM-FSU

Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls

Miami football continues its move up in the rankings. The Hurricanes are now ranked No. 10 in both the AP Poll and the Amway Coaches poll.

This is the first time the Canes are the highest-ranked FBS team in the state of Florida since 2010, and this is the highest the team has been ranked in both polls since 2013.

UM was unranked at the start of the season, but has since made strides. The team is 4-0 and has outscored its opponents a combined 188-44 so far.

Miami will face its biggest test yet on Saturday when it goes up against rival No. 23-ranked FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached at @isaiah_km.

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls”

1. Jihad Shatara says:

Beating FSU would really mean the U is back. This would be a huge step forward to move on from the Al Golden era. Being ranked in the top 10 now is fun, but it really matters when it is time for the College Football Playoff committee to make a decision on the top 4.

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on fourth-ranked and third-seeded Astra Sharma Wednesd ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...