Football, Sports, UM-FSU

Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls

Miami football continues its move up in the rankings. The Hurricanes are now ranked No. 10 in both the AP Poll and the Amway Coaches poll.

This is the first time the Canes are the highest-ranked FBS team in the state of Florida since 2010, and this is the highest the team has been ranked in both polls since 2013.

UM was unranked at the start of the season, but has since made strides. The team is 4-0 and has outscored its opponents a combined 188-44 so far.

Miami will face its biggest test yet on Saturday when it goes up against rival No. 23-ranked FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

About Author

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Hurricanes football ranked No. 10 in polls”

1. Jihad Shatara says:

Beating FSU would really mean the U is back. This would be a huge step forward to move on from the Al Golden era. Being ranked in the top 10 now is fun, but it really matters when it is time for the College Football Playoff committee to make a decision on the top 4.

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...