‘Frozen’ actor, Broadway star Josh Gad to stump for Clinton on campus next Friday

Actor Josh Gad, who voiced Olaf the snowman in the 2013 Disney animated musical “Frozen” and originated a lead role in Broadway’s Book of Mormon, will make an appearance on Oct. 7 as a surrogate for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The University of Miami College Democrats will be hosting Gad, according to a Facebook event created on Wednesday night.

Gad, a South Florida native, has been vocal about his support for Clinton. In an interview with Variety magazine in July, Gad said, “She is in my lifetime the most qualified person to run for the presidency. I’m also supporting Hillary for selfish reasons. I would love for my two daughters to be around for the first female president of the United States.”

No other details have been released regarding the time, location and capacity of the event.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Photo courtesy Flickr user Ricky Brigante.

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...

Shakima Wimbley and Aiyanna Stiverne punched their tickets to the 2017 NCAA Men's and Women ...

Photos from the Canes 5-2 win over Wake Forest. ...

Sixth-seeded Miami owns a spot in the ACC semifinals after rallying past third-seeded Wake Forest. ...