‘Frozen’ actor, Broadway star Josh Gad to stump for Clinton on campus next Friday

Actor Josh Gad, who voiced Olaf the snowman in the 2013 Disney animated musical “Frozen” and originated a lead role in Broadway’s Book of Mormon, will make an appearance on Oct. 7 as a surrogate for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The University of Miami College Democrats will be hosting Gad, according to a Facebook event created on Wednesday night.

Gad, a South Florida native, has been vocal about his support for Clinton. In an interview with Variety magazine in July, Gad said, “She is in my lifetime the most qualified person to run for the presidency. I’m also supporting Hillary for selfish reasons. I would love for my two daughters to be around for the first female president of the United States.”

No other details have been released regarding the time, location and capacity of the event.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Photo courtesy Flickr user Ricky Brigante.

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

The college football season doesn't begin until the end of August, but that never stops media o ...

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

Community art project encourages the public to explore the vibrant downtown area of Coral Gables and ...

It appears that his third run for the presidency will be successful as he distances himself from the ...

The University of Miami volleyball program will host nine ACC home matches and the Sunshine State Ch ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

Gino DiMare was introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in Canes' history. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...