‘Frozen’ actor, Broadway star Josh Gad to stump for Clinton on campus next Friday

Actor Josh Gad, who voiced Olaf the snowman in the 2013 Disney animated musical “Frozen” and originated a lead role in Broadway’s Book of Mormon, will make an appearance on Oct. 7 as a surrogate for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. The University of Miami College Democrats will be hosting Gad, according to a Facebook event created on Wednesday night.

Gad, a South Florida native, has been vocal about his support for Clinton. In an interview with Variety magazine in July, Gad said, “She is in my lifetime the most qualified person to run for the presidency. I’m also supporting Hillary for selfish reasons. I would love for my two daughters to be around for the first female president of the United States.”

No other details have been released regarding the time, location and capacity of the event.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Photo courtesy Flickr user Ricky Brigante.

About Author

Jackie Yang

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...