Athletics, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Sports, Tennis, Volleyball

Miami plans to welcome 9 members to Sports Hall of Fame

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2017 inductees.

Former UM football players James Jackson, Jeremy Shockey and Darryl Williams will all be admitted. Baseball’s Ryan Braun and Dan Davies, and basketball’s Steve Edwards are in as well. Former tennis player Audra Cohen, current women’s basketball head coach Katie Meier and volleyball’s Valeria Tipiana will be inducted to round out the list. Tipiana will be the first volleyball player ever admitted.

The class will be introduced at halftime when Hurricanes football takes on North Carolina at home on Saturday, Oct. 15 as part of the “Hall of Fame Game” ceremonies.

The nine members will be honored in the 49th annual UMSHoF induction banquet in April of 2017. For more information, contact the UMSHoF at 305-284-2775.

Feature image courtesy HurricaneSports.com

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...