Athletics, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Sports, Tennis, Volleyball

Miami plans to welcome 9 members to Sports Hall of Fame

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2017 inductees.

Former UM football players James Jackson, Jeremy Shockey and Darryl Williams will all be admitted. Baseball’s Ryan Braun and Dan Davies, and basketball’s Steve Edwards are in as well. Former tennis player Audra Cohen, current women’s basketball head coach Katie Meier and volleyball’s Valeria Tipiana will be inducted to round out the list. Tipiana will be the first volleyball player ever admitted.

The class will be introduced at halftime when Hurricanes football takes on North Carolina at home on Saturday, Oct. 15 as part of the “Hall of Fame Game” ceremonies.

The nine members will be honored in the 49th annual UMSHoF induction banquet in April of 2017. For more information, contact the UMSHoF at 305-284-2775.

Feature image courtesy HurricaneSports.com

About Author

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...