Blogs, Election 2016, UBuzz

UBuzz: UM students share questions they’d ask Clinton, Trump

With the presidential debates underway, TMH asked members of the University of Miami community what questions they’d ask presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, Member Of The Debate Team, Business Law And Real Estate (D)

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, member of the debate team, Business Law/Real Estate

img_3566

Anna Ivanova, Senior, President of the debate team, Russian citizen, Neuroscience/Computer Science

img_4389

Patrick Budisak, Freshman, Biology

Arjun Rao, Sophomore, Software Engineering/Finance

Dave Steinberg, director of UM Debate and professor in the School of Communication

Steinberg believes that both candidates will do a “good job of keeping it boring,” according to a list of his pre-debate observations he handed out at the watch party. Steinberg says Trump’s goals should be to appear presidential and to offer policy specifics, while Clinton should ease concerns about her negatives to offer a positive message about the future.

Sherman Hewitt

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...