Blogs, Election 2016, UBuzz

UBuzz: UM students share questions they’d ask Clinton, Trump

With the presidential debates underway, TMH asked members of the University of Miami community what questions they’d ask presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, Member Of The Debate Team, Business Law And Real Estate (D)

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, member of the debate team, Business Law/Real Estate

img_3566

Anna Ivanova, Senior, President of the debate team, Russian citizen, Neuroscience/Computer Science

img_4389

Patrick Budisak, Freshman, Biology

Arjun Rao, Sophomore, Software Engineering/Finance

Dave Steinberg, director of UM Debate and professor in the School of Communication

Steinberg believes that both candidates will do a “good job of keeping it boring,” according to a list of his pre-debate observations he handed out at the watch party. Steinberg says Trump’s goals should be to appear presidential and to offer policy specifics, while Clinton should ease concerns about her negatives to offer a positive message about the future.

Sherman Hewitt

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...