Blogs, Election 2016, UBuzz

UBuzz: UM students share questions they’d ask Clinton, Trump

With the presidential debates underway, TMH asked members of the University of Miami community what questions they’d ask presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, Member Of The Debate Team, Business Law And Real Estate (D)

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, member of the debate team, Business Law/Real Estate

img_3566

Anna Ivanova, Senior, President of the debate team, Russian citizen, Neuroscience/Computer Science

img_4389

Patrick Budisak, Freshman, Biology

Arjun Rao, Sophomore, Software Engineering/Finance

Dave Steinberg, director of UM Debate and professor in the School of Communication

Steinberg believes that both candidates will do a “good job of keeping it boring,” according to a list of his pre-debate observations he handed out at the watch party. Steinberg says Trump’s goals should be to appear presidential and to offer policy specifics, while Clinton should ease concerns about her negatives to offer a positive message about the future.

Sherman Hewitt

Jackie Yang

Jackie Yang can be reached via email at jyang@themiamihurricane.com.

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...

The University of Miami track and field team starred in the Lone Star State, as the Hurricanes shone ...

The Miami women's tennis team dominated play on its home court Friday to open the 2018 spring s ...