Blogs, Election 2016, UBuzz

UBuzz: UM students share questions they’d ask Clinton, Trump

With the presidential debates underway, TMH asked members of the University of Miami community what questions they’d ask presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, Member Of The Debate Team, Business Law And Real Estate (D)

Kyle Kingma, Sophomore, member of the debate team, Business Law/Real Estate

img_3566

Anna Ivanova, Senior, President of the debate team, Russian citizen, Neuroscience/Computer Science

img_4389

Patrick Budisak, Freshman, Biology

Arjun Rao, Sophomore, Software Engineering/Finance

Dave Steinberg, director of UM Debate and professor in the School of Communication

Steinberg believes that both candidates will do a “good job of keeping it boring,” according to a list of his pre-debate observations he handed out at the watch party. Steinberg says Trump’s goals should be to appear presidential and to offer policy specifics, while Clinton should ease concerns about her negatives to offer a positive message about the future.

About Author

Sherman Hewitt

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

Briadam Herrera picked up the third All-America honor of his career Thursday with a fifth-place fini ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame will hold the 49th Annual UMSHoF Induction Banquet on Tu ...