Community, Edge, Fashion, Food, Television, Theater

Weekend Watch 9/22: Bystander Intervention, Battioke 2016, ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?,’ Fashion Happy Hour

DORM Theater in Action: Bystander Intervention

A collaboration between the UM Department of Theatre Arts and COPE (Counseling Outreach Peer Education), this performance depicts an off-stage sexual assault. The actors play bystanders who discuss what they should do in the situation, and audience members are encouraged to intervene if they wish. After the performance, Peer Educators will lead a discussion. The event will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22 in SC Activities South. Admission is free.

1330 Miller Drive, Miami

305-284-5511

Battioke 2016

Miami Heat star Shane Battier will be accompanied by fellow NBA players and celebrities to sing karaoke for a cause, the Battier Take Charge Foundation, which aids underserved youth. Proceeds will go to the Battier Take Charge Scholarship Program. Watch Battier take the stage and belt out some tunes during Battioke 2016. The event will be held 7:30-11:30 p.m Thursday, Sept. 22 at the Ball & Chain. Tickets are $100.

1513 SW. 8th Street, Miami

305-643-7820

“¿Qué Pasa, USA?”

America’s first bilingual comedy, “¿Qué Pasa, USA?”, produced by PBS, was taped in Miami in the 1970s. A.D. Barnes Park will be showing the top five episodes while serving Cuban coffee, food, salsa music, mojitos and more. The showing runs 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24.

3401 SW. 72nd Ave., Miami

305-448-7450

Fashion Happy Hour

The last Sunday of each month, The Catalina Hotel & Beach Club hosts Fashion Happy Hour. The mixer will feature fashion bloggers, industry professionals and local vendors. A runway show featuring both swimwear and modern fashion lines will follow after visitors flock to nearby pop-up shops. The best part? All Voli vodka and Onli drinks are free.

1732 Collins Ave., Miami Beach

305-674-1160

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...