Football, Soccer, Sports, Tennis, Volleyball

Sports Roundup: football, soccer, volleyball, tennis

Football

The team is on a bye week after an impressive 3-0 start to the season. The Canes have defeated FAMU, FAU and Appalachian State and are now ranked No. 15 in the country by the AP Poll.

Soccer

The Hurricanes fought hard to outplay No. 3 FSU last weekend in Tallahassee but lost 1-0 despite taking nine shots in the game. The schedule doesn’t get any easier, as the team hosts No. 2 Virginia at 7 p.m. Thursday in Cobb Stadium.

Volleyball

Miami begins ACC play by traveling to Tallahassee to play rival FSU at 7 p.m. on Friday. The Hurricanes will also face off against Notre Dame on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. at Knight Sports Complex.

Tennis

The Canes will host the Miami Fall Invite, a three-day tournament that will be taking place all day from Friday to Sunday at Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

A six-pack of UM football notes: ▪ After UM’s 44-28 victory against Virginia on Saturday, Cavaliers ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, featuring the Coastal Division champion Miami Hurri ...

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...