Athletics, Football, Sports

Miami unveils new football uniforms

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor.

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor

The mysterious box labeled “The Legend of the U” was unveiled to showcase brand new Adidas Primeknit football uniforms on Monday afternoon.

Working together with the University of Miami, Adidas created the special line of throwback unis to represent the success the Hurricanes had as a program in the 80s and 90s. They also stand for the notion that future success it to be expected.

Head Coach Mark Richt came out and spoke about the new uniforms.

“We love our partnership with Adidas,” Richt said. “They give us so much gear that both the players and the coaches love.”

Richt also spoke about the large turnout at the event.

“[The fans] have been great in supporting us this year,” Richt said. “It was so cool to see everyone standing and cheering us on the whole time in our first game a couple weeks back.”

The Canes will debut the uniforms on Oct. 8, when the team faces off against rival FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

To see pictures and get more information about the uniforms, visit http://news.adidas.com/US and follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram via @CanesFootball, @adidasFballUS and https://www.facebook.com/adidasfootballus.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dewan Huell is the only Miami native on the University of Miami men’s basketball team, and he wears ...

1. HEAT: Look out, 'cuz the Heat are sizzlin' hot!: Looks like Dion Waiters is done for th ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes veterans and newcomers alike opened their season strong at the UAB Blazer Invitational. ...