Athletics, Football, Sports

Miami unveils new football uniforms

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor.

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor

The mysterious box labeled “The Legend of the U” was unveiled to showcase brand new Adidas Primeknit football uniforms on Monday afternoon.

Working together with the University of Miami, Adidas created the special line of throwback unis to represent the success the Hurricanes had as a program in the 80s and 90s. They also stand for the notion that future success it to be expected.

Head Coach Mark Richt came out and spoke about the new uniforms.

“We love our partnership with Adidas,” Richt said. “They give us so much gear that both the players and the coaches love.”

Richt also spoke about the large turnout at the event.

“[The fans] have been great in supporting us this year,” Richt said. “It was so cool to see everyone standing and cheering us on the whole time in our first game a couple weeks back.”

The Canes will debut the uniforms on Oct. 8, when the team faces off against rival FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

To see pictures and get more information about the uniforms, visit http://news.adidas.com/US and follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram via @CanesFootball, @adidasFballUS and https://www.facebook.com/adidasfootballus.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

A six-pack of UM football notes: ▪ After UM’s 44-28 victory against Virginia on Saturday, Cavaliers ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, featuring the Coastal Division champion Miami Hurri ...

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...