Athletics, Football, Sports

Miami unveils new football uniforms

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor.

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor

The mysterious box labeled “The Legend of the U” was unveiled to showcase brand new Adidas Primeknit football uniforms on Monday afternoon.

Working together with the University of Miami, Adidas created the special line of throwback unis to represent the success the Hurricanes had as a program in the 80s and 90s. They also stand for the notion that future success it to be expected.

Head Coach Mark Richt came out and spoke about the new uniforms.

“We love our partnership with Adidas,” Richt said. “They give us so much gear that both the players and the coaches love.”

Richt also spoke about the large turnout at the event.

“[The fans] have been great in supporting us this year,” Richt said. “It was so cool to see everyone standing and cheering us on the whole time in our first game a couple weeks back.”

The Canes will debut the uniforms on Oct. 8, when the team faces off against rival FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

To see pictures and get more information about the uniforms, visit http://news.adidas.com/US and follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram via @CanesFootball, @adidasFballUS and https://www.facebook.com/adidasfootballus.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached at @isaiah_km.

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison, who left the Hurricanes football pro ...

A six-pack of UM nuggets on a Tuesday: • UM receiver Dionte Mullins’ final statement this spring - i ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

University of Miami Coach Jim Larrañaga has announced the addition of Lamont Franklin as the directo ...

HurricaneSports.com caught up with Miami's current hardwood ProCanes. Here's where you can ...

A trio of Canes are represented in the polls, with Lomacki at No. 64 in the ITA Singles rankings and ...

The Miami women's tennis team has continued its rise up the ITA national rankings, checking in ...

Romy Gonzalez scored the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, and Miami held on for an 8-7 win over hos ...