Athletics, Football, Sports

Miami unveils new football uniforms

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor.

The Miami Hurricanes unveiled new uniforms on Monday. The new style will debut Oct. 8 during the FSU game at Hard Rock Stadium. Sherman Hewitt // Online Editor

The mysterious box labeled “The Legend of the U” was unveiled to showcase brand new Adidas Primeknit football uniforms on Monday afternoon.

Working together with the University of Miami, Adidas created the special line of throwback unis to represent the success the Hurricanes had as a program in the 80s and 90s. They also stand for the notion that future success it to be expected.

Head Coach Mark Richt came out and spoke about the new uniforms.

“We love our partnership with Adidas,” Richt said. “They give us so much gear that both the players and the coaches love.”

Richt also spoke about the large turnout at the event.

“[The fans] have been great in supporting us this year,” Richt said. “It was so cool to see everyone standing and cheering us on the whole time in our first game a couple weeks back.”

The Canes will debut the uniforms on Oct. 8, when the team faces off against rival FSU at Hard Rock Stadium.

To see pictures and get more information about the uniforms, visit http://news.adidas.com/US and follow the conversation on Twitter and Instagram via @CanesFootball, @adidasFballUS and https://www.facebook.com/adidasfootballus.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was not going to let his Hurricanes be denied. ...

View photos from the Toledo Rockets at Miami Hurricanes game Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017, at Hard Rock ...

What seemed like calamity at the half turned out OK. The defense stepped up, Malik Rosier stepped up ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...