Art, Edge

Exhibits at Miami International Auto Show

Miami International Auto Show in Miami Beach. Ben Spiro // Contributing Photographer

Miami International Auto Show in Miami Beach.
Ben Spiro // Contributing Photographer

The Miami International Auto Show has held it’s standing as one of the nation’s best auto shows for a solid 46 years. Due to excitement over what’s to come in the auto industry, the showcase has opened much earlier than in previous years.

“Our auto extravaganza is the first major show of the season and offers a first glimpse of the available 2017 and 2018 models,” show Co-Chairmen Jay Rivchin and Faisal Ahmed said in their program welcome.

The auto show features debuts like the 2017 Nissan Rogue and Hyundai’s first two models for its new brand Genesis. Attendees gathered around these exhibitions, hopping in and out of their potential next cars.

Memory Lane features cars aged as old as 80 years with a 1959 Jaguar Mark IX as the focal point of the attraction. Even if guests aren’t that into cars, this exhibit will give them insight to the past, which brings together old and young alike.

Camp Jeep returns to the auto show for its eighth year with more than 100,000 guests since 2004. Jeep invites attendees to drive through obstacles that simulate the testing Jeep vehicles are put through before hitting the market. You’ll experience a 13-foot high, 35-degree mountain, a staircase, uneven ramps set at 25 percent (which enables the vehicle to teeter on two wheels) and many more trail-rated passes.

Million Dollar Alley is one of the smallest exhibits of the show but highlights some of the biggest dreams. With cars from the McLaren, Aston Martin, Ferrari and Lamborghini, your six-figure fantasies are sure to be fulfilled.

Paying a visit to Ally’s booth will allow you to experience that “New Car Smell” all over again. The Cars Meet Art display welcomes the exhibition alongside artist DUAIV’s artwork on a Corvette Z06 C7R. His love for both art and cars is reflected in the artwork, in which the paint gives the car its own persona, just as DUAIV’s flaming orange hair has its own.

Miami International Auto Show in Miami Beach. Evelyn Choi // Staff Photographer

The concept of personality is what Ally’s New Car Smell exhibit highlights. The eight different fragrances featured include City Compact, Luxury Coupe, Eco-Friendly Hybrid, Muscle Car, Trusty Sedan, Pick-up Truck, Family Wagon and Rugged SUV. Each scent captures the essence of the car and driver with humorous ingredients such as Family Wagon’s 44 percent baby wipes, 31 percent stain remover, 22 percent crayon and 3 percent regret. No matter who you are, one of these eight fragrances will be sure to capture your vehicle’s identity and, if not, you could create your own personalized virtual scent on their iPad app. Visitors can also design a car like DUAIV’s Corvette in Ally’s Digital Car Design Experience. A number of paint colors, designs and patterns can be chosen from, creating a car unique to each designer’s personality.

The Miami International Auto Show will run until Sept. 18 at the Miami Beach Convention Center. If you’re a car fanatic, this is an event you won’t want to miss.

Genesis Cosme

2 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Exhibits at Miami International Auto Show”

1. Daniel Ellis JMM 108 says:

I have made an effort to attend many auto shows including Miami, LA, New York City, and Philadelphia. As mentioned in this article, Jeep actually sets up a terrain course outside of the venue and attendees actually get to ride in the vehicles up steep inclines and down tough terrain. I can’t think of a better way to showcase the way a vehicle performs than a test ride! The other makes of the cars are parked,and you can sit inside, but you can’t go for a spin.

2. Xinrui Wang says:

OMG this auto show looks so cool! It’s just a different form of a art exhibition! I am definitely going there tomorrow! It is such a cool thing to have in the show that the visitors can design a car and use the technology to see what their car would look like! I am definitely going to try it out tomorrow! Thanks god the show is until the 18th!

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

How’s your landscaping after Hurricane Irma? Did you get it cleaned up (and replaced) as fast as the ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — The coach of University of Miami’s next opponent, one of the youngest college foo ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clear Sunday, just minutes after stepping foot ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

With Hurricane Irma past them, the Hurricanes are fully focused on their matchup against Toledo on S ...

View some of the best images from the Miami women's tennis team's picture day in advance o ...

The men's cross country team moved up one spot to No. 14 in the South Region in the NCAA Divisi ...

Following a stretch of 17 days without a match due to Hurricane Irma, the Miami soccer team will be ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will have its fall season opener delayed by a week. ...