Community, Edge, Movies, Music

Weekend Watch 9/15: Metal Meets Wood, Frost ‘Russian Passions,’ Kanye West, Brazilian Film Festival

Metal Meets Wood

Vintage motorcycles are becoming increasingly popular in South Florida, and Metal305 hosts a weekly “Metal Meets Wood” gathering for motorcycle enthusiasts in Wynwood. Throw on some leather and talk bikes with other motorcyclists every Thursday night. The free event will be held 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 15 at Wood Tavern.

2531 NW Second Ave., Miami

305-748-2828

Frost Symphony Orchestra: ‘Russian Passions’

Guest conductor Mark Gorenstein will lead the Frost Symphony Orchestra with faculty pianist Santiago Rodriguez in an all-Russian program from 8-9 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 17. The performance will take place in UM’s Gusman Concert Hall and costs $16 for adults and $11 for seniors. Students with a valid Cane Card can attend for free if seats are available on concert night.

1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables

305-284-2400

Kanye West: The Saint Pablo Tour

Yeezus himself will be honoring us with his presence not once, but twice, this weekend. Hear the “Fade” rapper live in person at the AmericanAirlines Arena 8 p.m. this Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17. Remaining tickets start at $25 on Ticketmaster.

601 Biscayne Blvd. Miami

786-777-1000

Brazilian Film Festival of Miami

The Inffinito Festival Circuit returns with its 20th Brazilian Film Festival of Miami (BRAFF Miami). Kicking off at 8:30 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 17 with a screening of “Enchanted Amazon Island,” the festival will continue until the closing night on Saturday, Sept. 24. While there are various locations for the screenings, the first screening will be held at SoundScape Park. Tickets run from $5-20, depending on which film one is attending and whether one is a BRAFF Miami member, student or senior.

400 17th St., Miami Beach

305-600-3347

About Author

Alyssa Bolt

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...