Community, Edge, Movies, Music

Weekend Watch 9/15: Metal Meets Wood, Frost ‘Russian Passions,’ Kanye West, Brazilian Film Festival

Metal Meets Wood

Vintage motorcycles are becoming increasingly popular in South Florida, and Metal305 hosts a weekly “Metal Meets Wood” gathering for motorcycle enthusiasts in Wynwood. Throw on some leather and talk bikes with other motorcyclists every Thursday night. The free event will be held 8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 15 at Wood Tavern.

2531 NW Second Ave., Miami

305-748-2828

Frost Symphony Orchestra: ‘Russian Passions’

Guest conductor Mark Gorenstein will lead the Frost Symphony Orchestra with faculty pianist Santiago Rodriguez in an all-Russian program from 8-9 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 17. The performance will take place in UM’s Gusman Concert Hall and costs $16 for adults and $11 for seniors. Students with a valid Cane Card can attend for free if seats are available on concert night.

1314 Miller Drive, Coral Gables

305-284-2400

Kanye West: The Saint Pablo Tour

Yeezus himself will be honoring us with his presence not once, but twice, this weekend. Hear the “Fade” rapper live in person at the AmericanAirlines Arena 8 p.m. this Friday, Sept. 16 and Saturday, Sept. 17. Remaining tickets start at $25 on Ticketmaster.

601 Biscayne Blvd. Miami

786-777-1000

Brazilian Film Festival of Miami

The Inffinito Festival Circuit returns with its 20th Brazilian Film Festival of Miami (BRAFF Miami). Kicking off at 8:30 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 17 with a screening of “Enchanted Amazon Island,” the festival will continue until the closing night on Saturday, Sept. 24. While there are various locations for the screenings, the first screening will be held at SoundScape Park. Tickets run from $5-20, depending on which film one is attending and whether one is a BRAFF Miami member, student or senior.

400 17th St., Miami Beach

305-600-3347

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...