Blogs, The View

The View: Musical throwbacks that will make your day

It’s sometimes hard to believe that the early 2000s are far behind us. Let’s look back a decade to around 2006 with this list of the 10 best songs from the time that epitomized our childhood and still make their way into Spotify playlists everywhere. These throwbacks will make you plug in your headphones right this instant while you try to forget you’re a student with real responsibilities.

1. “Fergalicious” by Fergie

You know every single word and you’re going to sing it for everyone to hear.

1. “How to Save a Life” – The Fray

It may remind you of some of the most heartbreaking deaths on “Grey’s Anatomy” #neverforget but it’s still such a classic.

1. “Bad Day” – Daniel Powter

Totally relatable when you spill your coffee everywhere first thing in the morning, have two midterms, a meeting and just never enough time.

1. “Temperature” – Sean Paul

If the lyrics, “I wanna be keeping you warm, I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm,” doesn’t explain Miami in a sentence, I don’t know what does. The rest of the song may not be English, but it will definitely bring you back to memories of fourth grade.

1. “Hips Don’t Lie” – Shakira

This song probably helped you pass a middle school Spanish class.

1. “Unwritten” – Natasha Bedingfield

Easily the best song to scream-sing to in a convertible like you’d imagine it in a movie.

1. “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada

Whenever this comes on, it’s guaranteed you’ll want to grab the arm of your best friend and immediately sing dramatically to one another on a crowded dance floor.

1. “Move Along” – The All-American Rejects

“When all you’ve got to keep is strong, move along,” can speak to a stressed student on so many levels. The lyrics are much deeper and more meaningful than you remember when you were 10 years old.

1. “Sugar We’re Goin Down” – Fall Out Boy

It may have taken you 10 years to figure out what the chorus’s lyrics are, but this is 100 percent a jam.

1. “Life is a Highway” – Rascal Flatts

By the first beat, there should already be a smile on your face.

The year 2006 was one of fantastic music releases and it doesn’t end at 10 great songs. To listen to more jams that you probably had on your playlist at your elementary school graduation party, check out this playlist.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user FirmBee

Samantha Ulin

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...