Blogs, The View

The View: Musical throwbacks that will make your day

It’s sometimes hard to believe that the early 2000s are far behind us. Let’s look back a decade to around 2006 with this list of the 10 best songs from the time that epitomized our childhood and still make their way into Spotify playlists everywhere. These throwbacks will make you plug in your headphones right this instant while you try to forget you’re a student with real responsibilities.

1. “Fergalicious” by Fergie

You know every single word and you’re going to sing it for everyone to hear.

1. “How to Save a Life” – The Fray

It may remind you of some of the most heartbreaking deaths on “Grey’s Anatomy” #neverforget but it’s still such a classic.

1. “Bad Day” – Daniel Powter

Totally relatable when you spill your coffee everywhere first thing in the morning, have two midterms, a meeting and just never enough time.

1. “Temperature” – Sean Paul

If the lyrics, “I wanna be keeping you warm, I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm,” doesn’t explain Miami in a sentence, I don’t know what does. The rest of the song may not be English, but it will definitely bring you back to memories of fourth grade.

1. “Hips Don’t Lie” – Shakira

This song probably helped you pass a middle school Spanish class.

1. “Unwritten” – Natasha Bedingfield

Easily the best song to scream-sing to in a convertible like you’d imagine it in a movie.

1. “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada

Whenever this comes on, it’s guaranteed you’ll want to grab the arm of your best friend and immediately sing dramatically to one another on a crowded dance floor.

1. “Move Along” – The All-American Rejects

“When all you’ve got to keep is strong, move along,” can speak to a stressed student on so many levels. The lyrics are much deeper and more meaningful than you remember when you were 10 years old.

1. “Sugar We’re Goin Down” – Fall Out Boy

It may have taken you 10 years to figure out what the chorus’s lyrics are, but this is 100 percent a jam.

1. “Life is a Highway” – Rascal Flatts

By the first beat, there should already be a smile on your face.

The year 2006 was one of fantastic music releases and it doesn’t end at 10 great songs. To listen to more jams that you probably had on your playlist at your elementary school graduation party, check out this playlist.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user FirmBee

Samantha Ulin

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an offic ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

The two year project looks to improve forecast predictions that would look three to four weeks out, ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

The Miami women's tennis team is set to begin its 2017 fall season this weekend, with the major ...

Despite a career-best nine saves by Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the Miami soccer team dropped a 1-0 road d ...

The Miami Hurricanes evacuated Coral Gables ahead of Hurricane Irma and now they move forward as a f ...

The University of Miami volleyball team returns to the court this weekend to host Virginia Tech and ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team opens its 2017-18 season Friday at the eighth ann ...