Blogs, The View

The View: Musical throwbacks that will make your day

It’s sometimes hard to believe that the early 2000s are far behind us. Let’s look back a decade to around 2006 with this list of the 10 best songs from the time that epitomized our childhood and still make their way into Spotify playlists everywhere. These throwbacks will make you plug in your headphones right this instant while you try to forget you’re a student with real responsibilities.

1. “Fergalicious” by Fergie

You know every single word and you’re going to sing it for everyone to hear.

1. “How to Save a Life” – The Fray

It may remind you of some of the most heartbreaking deaths on “Grey’s Anatomy” #neverforget but it’s still such a classic.

1. “Bad Day” – Daniel Powter

Totally relatable when you spill your coffee everywhere first thing in the morning, have two midterms, a meeting and just never enough time.

1. “Temperature” – Sean Paul

If the lyrics, “I wanna be keeping you warm, I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm,” doesn’t explain Miami in a sentence, I don’t know what does. The rest of the song may not be English, but it will definitely bring you back to memories of fourth grade.

1. “Hips Don’t Lie” – Shakira

This song probably helped you pass a middle school Spanish class.

1. “Unwritten” – Natasha Bedingfield

Easily the best song to scream-sing to in a convertible like you’d imagine it in a movie.

1. “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada

Whenever this comes on, it’s guaranteed you’ll want to grab the arm of your best friend and immediately sing dramatically to one another on a crowded dance floor.

1. “Move Along” – The All-American Rejects

“When all you’ve got to keep is strong, move along,” can speak to a stressed student on so many levels. The lyrics are much deeper and more meaningful than you remember when you were 10 years old.

1. “Sugar We’re Goin Down” – Fall Out Boy

It may have taken you 10 years to figure out what the chorus’s lyrics are, but this is 100 percent a jam.

1. “Life is a Highway” – Rascal Flatts

By the first beat, there should already be a smile on your face.

The year 2006 was one of fantastic music releases and it doesn’t end at 10 great songs. To listen to more jams that you probably had on your playlist at your elementary school graduation party, check out this playlist.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user FirmBee

Samantha Ulin

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba dominated the final two sets to register a 1-6, 6-1, 6-1 triumph over ...