Art, Community, Edge, Food, Movies

Weekend Watch 9/8: Flashlight Tour, ‘Mia Madre,’ Auto Show, Wynwood Art Walk, Farmers Market

Hialeah Art in the Dark Flashlight Tour

Join Pérez Art Museum Miami for a free Art in the Dark event with live music, food trucks and more activities Friday, Sept. 9 from 7-10 p.m. at the Milander Center for Arts and Entertainment. Flashlight tours will run at 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

4800 Palm Ave., Hialeah

305-375-3000

‘Mia Madre’ at Cosford Cinema

“Mia Madre” follows the story of Margherita, a film director trying to balance her personal life and her latest movie. The film runs Friday, Sept. 9 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 15. Screenings are free for UM students; $8 for non-UM students, UM alumni, UM employees and seniors; $10 for adults.

5030 Brunson Drive, Memorial Building 227, Coral Gables

305-284-4627

Miami International Auto Show

Starting on Sept. 10 at 2 p.m. and running daily until Sept. 18 at 9 p.m., motor enthusiasts will gather to celebrate modern and vintage vehicles alike. For something a bit more artsy, head to the Car Meets Art exhibit, where artists will use a blank car as a canvas. The event is $15 for adults.

1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach

305-673-7311

Second Saturday Art Walk in Wynwood

Wynwood Art District’s monthly event will continue this Saturday, Sept. 10 from 6-10 p.m. Tourists and locals alike can view dozens of participating galleries for free. Food trucks, live music and bustling crowds liven up the exhibitions. Don’t forget your bug spray.

Wynwood Art District, Miami

305-531-4411

Lincoln Road Farmers Market

Visitors can peruse fresh fruits, veggies, plants, honey, jams and breads, all sold by locals in the beautiful outdoors. Come to the farmers market early to avoid the blazing sun, or stop by in the early evening as dusk hits. The market is open Sunday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Lincoln Road Mall.

738 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach

305-534-9857

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...