Art, Community, Edge, Food, Movies

Weekend Watch 9/8: Flashlight Tour, ‘Mia Madre,’ Auto Show, Wynwood Art Walk, Farmers Market

Hialeah Art in the Dark Flashlight Tour

Join Pérez Art Museum Miami for a free Art in the Dark event with live music, food trucks and more activities Friday, Sept. 9 from 7-10 p.m. at the Milander Center for Arts and Entertainment. Flashlight tours will run at 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

4800 Palm Ave., Hialeah

305-375-3000

‘Mia Madre’ at Cosford Cinema

“Mia Madre” follows the story of Margherita, a film director trying to balance her personal life and her latest movie. The film runs Friday, Sept. 9 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 15. Screenings are free for UM students; $8 for non-UM students, UM alumni, UM employees and seniors; $10 for adults.

5030 Brunson Drive, Memorial Building 227, Coral Gables

305-284-4627

Miami International Auto Show

Starting on Sept. 10 at 2 p.m. and running daily until Sept. 18 at 9 p.m., motor enthusiasts will gather to celebrate modern and vintage vehicles alike. For something a bit more artsy, head to the Car Meets Art exhibit, where artists will use a blank car as a canvas. The event is $15 for adults.

1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach

305-673-7311

Second Saturday Art Walk in Wynwood

Wynwood Art District’s monthly event will continue this Saturday, Sept. 10 from 6-10 p.m. Tourists and locals alike can view dozens of participating galleries for free. Food trucks, live music and bustling crowds liven up the exhibitions. Don’t forget your bug spray.

Wynwood Art District, Miami

305-531-4411

Lincoln Road Farmers Market

Visitors can peruse fresh fruits, veggies, plants, honey, jams and breads, all sold by locals in the beautiful outdoors. Come to the farmers market early to avoid the blazing sun, or stop by in the early evening as dusk hits. The market is open Sunday, Sept. 11 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Lincoln Road Mall.

738 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach

305-534-9857

About Author

Alyssa Bolt

Here’s a positive sign for the University of Miami football program: receiver Lawrence Cager appears ...

Tidbits from UM spring football Day 4: • Three of what likely will be UM’s top four corners haven’t ...

You’ve probably seen them: the emotive tweets from University of Miami football coach Mark Richt and ...

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...