Edge, Fashion

Flaunt Cane spirit in football-game fashions

As the Miami Hurricanes play Florida A&M in the first game of the season this weekend, it’s clear that football season is back in full swing. It’s time to dig the spirit wear out from the backs of our closets and rep our alma mater.

Do you fear dirty, DIY tank tops and cheek-baring cutoffs? Do you question if anyone looks good in complementary colors? Tailgates can be intimidating for the fashion conscious, but this list is here to save you. These outfits are for the stylish Miamian who wants to rep the Canes without clashing.

Game-day Suede

Who says game-day outfits have to be sporty? Channel your inner glamorous gardener with floral utility boots, a breezy top and an A-line suede skirt. Polish the look with a game-appropriate nail polish shade.

suedeskirt

Watch the Lines

Go for simplicity in this minimal, orange-and-green tunic. A green messenger bag and chunky watch make the perfect accessories for a long day in the stadium. Pop on a pair of monochromatic converse to finish this casually chic look.

messengerbag

What Sport Is This?

You know what look works really well in a hot football stadium? A perforated, sleeveless, orange-and-green basketball jersey. As long as you’ve got the colors right, who cares what you wear? Complete the ensemble with some basic black jeans, aviator sunnies and classic Converse.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.00.33 PM

Bomb-Kickin’ Bomber

What better way to rep your favorite linebacker than this orange-lined bomber backed in army green? Keep the rest of this look crisp with white skinnies and Stan Smiths. Add another pop of Canes coloration with this orange-and-green Adidas watch.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.06.19 PM

Haley Walker

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...