Edge, Fashion

Flaunt Cane spirit in football-game fashions

As the Miami Hurricanes play Florida A&M in the first game of the season this weekend, it’s clear that football season is back in full swing. It’s time to dig the spirit wear out from the backs of our closets and rep our alma mater.

Do you fear dirty, DIY tank tops and cheek-baring cutoffs? Do you question if anyone looks good in complementary colors? Tailgates can be intimidating for the fashion conscious, but this list is here to save you. These outfits are for the stylish Miamian who wants to rep the Canes without clashing.

Game-day Suede

Who says game-day outfits have to be sporty? Channel your inner glamorous gardener with floral utility boots, a breezy top and an A-line suede skirt. Polish the look with a game-appropriate nail polish shade.

suedeskirt

Watch the Lines

Go for simplicity in this minimal, orange-and-green tunic. A green messenger bag and chunky watch make the perfect accessories for a long day in the stadium. Pop on a pair of monochromatic converse to finish this casually chic look.

messengerbag

What Sport Is This?

You know what look works really well in a hot football stadium? A perforated, sleeveless, orange-and-green basketball jersey. As long as you’ve got the colors right, who cares what you wear? Complete the ensemble with some basic black jeans, aviator sunnies and classic Converse.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.00.33 PM

Bomb-Kickin’ Bomber

What better way to rep your favorite linebacker than this orange-lined bomber backed in army green? Keep the rest of this look crisp with white skinnies and Stan Smiths. Add another pop of Canes coloration with this orange-and-green Adidas watch.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.06.19 PM

About Author

Haley Walker

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...