Edge, Fashion

Flaunt Cane spirit in football-game fashions

As the Miami Hurricanes play Florida A&M in the first game of the season this weekend, it’s clear that football season is back in full swing. It’s time to dig the spirit wear out from the backs of our closets and rep our alma mater.

Do you fear dirty, DIY tank tops and cheek-baring cutoffs? Do you question if anyone looks good in complementary colors? Tailgates can be intimidating for the fashion conscious, but this list is here to save you. These outfits are for the stylish Miamian who wants to rep the Canes without clashing.

Game-day Suede

Who says game-day outfits have to be sporty? Channel your inner glamorous gardener with floral utility boots, a breezy top and an A-line suede skirt. Polish the look with a game-appropriate nail polish shade.

suedeskirt

Watch the Lines

Go for simplicity in this minimal, orange-and-green tunic. A green messenger bag and chunky watch make the perfect accessories for a long day in the stadium. Pop on a pair of monochromatic converse to finish this casually chic look.

messengerbag

What Sport Is This?

You know what look works really well in a hot football stadium? A perforated, sleeveless, orange-and-green basketball jersey. As long as you’ve got the colors right, who cares what you wear? Complete the ensemble with some basic black jeans, aviator sunnies and classic Converse.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.00.33 PM

Bomb-Kickin’ Bomber

What better way to rep your favorite linebacker than this orange-lined bomber backed in army green? Keep the rest of this look crisp with white skinnies and Stan Smiths. Add another pop of Canes coloration with this orange-and-green Adidas watch.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.06.19 PM

Haley Walker

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...