Edge, Fashion

Flaunt Cane spirit in football-game fashions

As the Miami Hurricanes play Florida A&M in the first game of the season this weekend, it’s clear that football season is back in full swing. It’s time to dig the spirit wear out from the backs of our closets and rep our alma mater.

Do you fear dirty, DIY tank tops and cheek-baring cutoffs? Do you question if anyone looks good in complementary colors? Tailgates can be intimidating for the fashion conscious, but this list is here to save you. These outfits are for the stylish Miamian who wants to rep the Canes without clashing.

Game-day Suede

Who says game-day outfits have to be sporty? Channel your inner glamorous gardener with floral utility boots, a breezy top and an A-line suede skirt. Polish the look with a game-appropriate nail polish shade.

suedeskirt

Watch the Lines

Go for simplicity in this minimal, orange-and-green tunic. A green messenger bag and chunky watch make the perfect accessories for a long day in the stadium. Pop on a pair of monochromatic converse to finish this casually chic look.

messengerbag

What Sport Is This?

You know what look works really well in a hot football stadium? A perforated, sleeveless, orange-and-green basketball jersey. As long as you’ve got the colors right, who cares what you wear? Complete the ensemble with some basic black jeans, aviator sunnies and classic Converse.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.00.33 PM

Bomb-Kickin’ Bomber

What better way to rep your favorite linebacker than this orange-lined bomber backed in army green? Keep the rest of this look crisp with white skinnies and Stan Smiths. Add another pop of Canes coloration with this orange-and-green Adidas watch.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.06.19 PM

Haley Walker

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...