Edge, Fashion

Flaunt Cane spirit in football-game fashions

As the Miami Hurricanes play Florida A&M in the first game of the season this weekend, it’s clear that football season is back in full swing. It’s time to dig the spirit wear out from the backs of our closets and rep our alma mater.

Do you fear dirty, DIY tank tops and cheek-baring cutoffs? Do you question if anyone looks good in complementary colors? Tailgates can be intimidating for the fashion conscious, but this list is here to save you. These outfits are for the stylish Miamian who wants to rep the Canes without clashing.

Game-day Suede

Who says game-day outfits have to be sporty? Channel your inner glamorous gardener with floral utility boots, a breezy top and an A-line suede skirt. Polish the look with a game-appropriate nail polish shade.

suedeskirt

Watch the Lines

Go for simplicity in this minimal, orange-and-green tunic. A green messenger bag and chunky watch make the perfect accessories for a long day in the stadium. Pop on a pair of monochromatic converse to finish this casually chic look.

messengerbag

What Sport Is This?

You know what look works really well in a hot football stadium? A perforated, sleeveless, orange-and-green basketball jersey. As long as you’ve got the colors right, who cares what you wear? Complete the ensemble with some basic black jeans, aviator sunnies and classic Converse.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.00.33 PM

Bomb-Kickin’ Bomber

What better way to rep your favorite linebacker than this orange-lined bomber backed in army green? Keep the rest of this look crisp with white skinnies and Stan Smiths. Add another pop of Canes coloration with this orange-and-green Adidas watch.

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 6.06.19 PM

Haley Walker

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...