Election 2016, News, Video

Election: How to do an absentee ballot

It’s time to vote. Even if you are away from home or can’t make it to the polls on Election Day, you can still vote using an absentee ballot. Here’s how:

1) Register to vote.

Are you registered? If not, use the vote.org form attached here to register online either in your home state or in the state of Florida.

2) Request an Absentee Ballot.

– What is an absentee ballot?

An absentee ballot is a form completed and mailed in advance of an election by a voter who cannot be present at the polls on Election Day.

– Who gets an absentee ballot?

College students, people traveling outside of the country, people living temporarily at addresses that are not near where they are registered, among others.

– How can I get mine?

Use the vote.org form attached here to request a ballot online.

3) Receive the Ballot.

– When do I get it?

The process is different for each state. The instructions will be included when you request and receive your ballot. For example, if you register in Florida, your absentee ballot must be requested by Wednesday, November 2nd.

4) Fill out the Ballot.

– You will receive instructions, the ballot and an envelope in the mail to send the ballot back once it is filled out.

5) Send it back!

Place it in the given envelope and send it back by the date given when you requested and received your ballot. For example in Florida, your absentee ballot must be returned by Election Day: Tuesday, November 8.
Happy voting!

Dana Franco

Tommy Fletcher

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Election: How to do an absentee ballot”

1. Brennan Staaf says:

Very informative! I’ve been wondering for months how to register to vote. It’s ESSENTIAL in this election; we can’t just NOT vote!

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...