Edge Briefs 9/1: PAMM, Lowe After Hours, Afro Roots World Music Festival, Festival de Cante Flamenco, ‘Disorder’

Lowe After Hours

On the first Thursday of each month, Lowe Art Museum offers snacks and refreshments to guests during its evening event, Lowe After Hours. Museum supporters and UM faculty, staff and students can mingle while enjoying the exhibitions. The first After Hours will take place Thursday, Sept. 1 from 7-9 p.m. It is free for members and $12.50 for all non-members.

1301 Stanford Drive, Miami, Fla.

305-284-3535

Afro Roots World Music Festival

The 18th annual Afro Roots World Music Festival will feature the Chicago Afrobeat Project, Aurelio Martinez, Uma Galera and DJ Moses. This celebration of African culture is happening on Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5-10 p.m. Tickets are $15.

7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Fla.

786-218-6854

11th Annual Festival de Cante Flamenco

The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Carnival Studio Theater will feature vocalists, dancers and guitarists performing the Spanish style of music and dance during Siempre Flamenco’s Festival de Cante Flamenco. Performances are Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $48.

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, Fla.

305-949-6722

‘Disorder’ at the Cosford Cinema

Directed by Alice Winocour, “Disorder” follows the story of Vincent (Matthias Schoenaerts), an Afghanistan veteran who becomes the bodyguard for the son and wife of a wealthy Lebanese businessman. His paranoia, a result of PTSD, makes it difficult for him to determine what dangers are real and which are result of his own mental anguish. Showtimes run Friday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 8 at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free for students with a Cane Card. Tickets are $8 for non-UM students.

5030 Brunson Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

305-284-4627

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...