Edge Briefs 9/1: PAMM, Lowe After Hours, Afro Roots World Music Festival, Festival de Cante Flamenco, ‘Disorder’

Lowe After Hours

On the first Thursday of each month, Lowe Art Museum offers snacks and refreshments to guests during its evening event, Lowe After Hours. Museum supporters and UM faculty, staff and students can mingle while enjoying the exhibitions. The first After Hours will take place Thursday, Sept. 1 from 7-9 p.m. It is free for members and $12.50 for all non-members.

1301 Stanford Drive, Miami, Fla.

305-284-3535

Afro Roots World Music Festival

The 18th annual Afro Roots World Music Festival will feature the Chicago Afrobeat Project, Aurelio Martinez, Uma Galera and DJ Moses. This celebration of African culture is happening on Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5-10 p.m. Tickets are $15.

7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Fla.

786-218-6854

11th Annual Festival de Cante Flamenco

The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Carnival Studio Theater will feature vocalists, dancers and guitarists performing the Spanish style of music and dance during Siempre Flamenco’s Festival de Cante Flamenco. Performances are Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $48.

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, Fla.

305-949-6722

‘Disorder’ at the Cosford Cinema

Directed by Alice Winocour, “Disorder” follows the story of Vincent (Matthias Schoenaerts), an Afghanistan veteran who becomes the bodyguard for the son and wife of a wealthy Lebanese businessman. His paranoia, a result of PTSD, makes it difficult for him to determine what dangers are real and which are result of his own mental anguish. Showtimes run Friday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 8 at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free for students with a Cane Card. Tickets are $8 for non-UM students.

5030 Brunson Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

305-284-4627

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...