Edge Briefs 9/1: PAMM, Lowe After Hours, Afro Roots World Music Festival, Festival de Cante Flamenco, ‘Disorder’

Lowe After Hours

On the first Thursday of each month, Lowe Art Museum offers snacks and refreshments to guests during its evening event, Lowe After Hours. Museum supporters and UM faculty, staff and students can mingle while enjoying the exhibitions. The first After Hours will take place Thursday, Sept. 1 from 7-9 p.m. It is free for members and $12.50 for all non-members.

1301 Stanford Drive, Miami, Fla.

305-284-3535

Afro Roots World Music Festival

The 18th annual Afro Roots World Music Festival will feature the Chicago Afrobeat Project, Aurelio Martinez, Uma Galera and DJ Moses. This celebration of African culture is happening on Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5-10 p.m. Tickets are $15.

7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Fla.

786-218-6854

11th Annual Festival de Cante Flamenco

The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Carnival Studio Theater will feature vocalists, dancers and guitarists performing the Spanish style of music and dance during Siempre Flamenco’s Festival de Cante Flamenco. Performances are Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $48.

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, Fla.

305-949-6722

‘Disorder’ at the Cosford Cinema

Directed by Alice Winocour, “Disorder” follows the story of Vincent (Matthias Schoenaerts), an Afghanistan veteran who becomes the bodyguard for the son and wife of a wealthy Lebanese businessman. His paranoia, a result of PTSD, makes it difficult for him to determine what dangers are real and which are result of his own mental anguish. Showtimes run Friday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 8 at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free for students with a Cane Card. Tickets are $8 for non-UM students.

5030 Brunson Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

305-284-4627

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

A six-pack of UM football notes: ▪ After UM’s 44-28 victory against Virginia on Saturday, Cavaliers ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, featuring the Coastal Division champion Miami Hurri ...

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...