Edge Briefs 9/1: PAMM, Lowe After Hours, Afro Roots World Music Festival, Festival de Cante Flamenco, ‘Disorder’

Lowe After Hours

On the first Thursday of each month, Lowe Art Museum offers snacks and refreshments to guests during its evening event, Lowe After Hours. Museum supporters and UM faculty, staff and students can mingle while enjoying the exhibitions. The first After Hours will take place Thursday, Sept. 1 from 7-9 p.m. It is free for members and $12.50 for all non-members.

1301 Stanford Drive, Miami, Fla.

305-284-3535

Afro Roots World Music Festival

The 18th annual Afro Roots World Music Festival will feature the Chicago Afrobeat Project, Aurelio Martinez, Uma Galera and DJ Moses. This celebration of African culture is happening on Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5-10 p.m. Tickets are $15.

7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Fla.

786-218-6854

11th Annual Festival de Cante Flamenco

The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Carnival Studio Theater will feature vocalists, dancers and guitarists performing the Spanish style of music and dance during Siempre Flamenco’s Festival de Cante Flamenco. Performances are Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $48.

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, Fla.

305-949-6722

‘Disorder’ at the Cosford Cinema

Directed by Alice Winocour, “Disorder” follows the story of Vincent (Matthias Schoenaerts), an Afghanistan veteran who becomes the bodyguard for the son and wife of a wealthy Lebanese businessman. His paranoia, a result of PTSD, makes it difficult for him to determine what dangers are real and which are result of his own mental anguish. Showtimes run Friday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 8 at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free for students with a Cane Card. Tickets are $8 for non-UM students.

5030 Brunson Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

305-284-4627

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

Football season is nearly upon us. The University of Miami’s 2017 fall camp opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday ...

In an age in which committing once to a college football program isn’t always enough for fans and co ...

A six-pack of Canes notes: • It’s just different at UM – the camaraderie, the brotherhood, the desir ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt’s spin through the ESPN Car Wash on Tuesday began with ...

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...