Edge Briefs 9/1: PAMM, Lowe After Hours, Afro Roots World Music Festival, Festival de Cante Flamenco, ‘Disorder’

Lowe After Hours

On the first Thursday of each month, Lowe Art Museum offers snacks and refreshments to guests during its evening event, Lowe After Hours. Museum supporters and UM faculty, staff and students can mingle while enjoying the exhibitions. The first After Hours will take place Thursday, Sept. 1 from 7-9 p.m. It is free for members and $12.50 for all non-members.

1301 Stanford Drive, Miami, Fla.

305-284-3535

Afro Roots World Music Festival

The 18th annual Afro Roots World Music Festival will feature the Chicago Afrobeat Project, Aurelio Martinez, Uma Galera and DJ Moses. This celebration of African culture is happening on Saturday, Sept. 3 from 5-10 p.m. Tickets are $15.

7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, Fla.

786-218-6854

11th Annual Festival de Cante Flamenco

The Adrienne Arsht Center’s Carnival Studio Theater will feature vocalists, dancers and guitarists performing the Spanish style of music and dance during Siempre Flamenco’s Festival de Cante Flamenco. Performances are Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m. Tickets are $48.

1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, Fla.

305-949-6722

‘Disorder’ at the Cosford Cinema

Directed by Alice Winocour, “Disorder” follows the story of Vincent (Matthias Schoenaerts), an Afghanistan veteran who becomes the bodyguard for the son and wife of a wealthy Lebanese businessman. His paranoia, a result of PTSD, makes it difficult for him to determine what dangers are real and which are result of his own mental anguish. Showtimes run Friday, Sept. 2 at 6:30 p.m. through Thursday, Sept. 8 at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free for students with a Cane Card. Tickets are $8 for non-UM students.

5030 Brunson Drive, Coral Gables, Fla.

305-284-4627

Alyssa Bolt

Alyssa Bolt can be reached via email at abolt@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @AlyssaLBolt. Her LinkedIn is linkedin.com/in/boltalyssa, and her personal website is alyssabolt.wordpress.com.

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...