Football, Sports

Athletic Director Blake James predicts Canes will play first football game at Hard Rock Stadium

University of Miami Athletic Director Blake James has said that he believes that the Hurricanes football team will have their season opener at the newly titled Hard Rock Stadium on Sept. 3.

There has been a lot of doubt as to whether the venue formally known as Sun Life Stadium would be renovated in time for the first game of the season against Florida A&M University. James clearly wants to put those doubts to rest now that the contest is less than two weeks away.

“I am confident that the game will be played at Hard Rock Stadium,’’ James told the Miami Herald.

James had already told the public during UM media day on Aug. 8 that if there would need to be a location change for the season opener, that he would let them know prior to the two-week mark to the game. He further showed his assurance through a tweet he sent out late Tuesday afternoon.

For a while it seemed likely that Miami would have to play their first game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, the alternate location.

The Miami Dolphins spent more than $500 million on the renovation of the stadium that will now include new seats, new scoreboards, and a canopy roof that will cover the stands.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...