Edge, Fashion

Back-to-school fashions keep up with trends

What are you wearing this week? Class time may call for comfort, but there’s nothing like dressing well to boost your confidence on the first day of class. Check out these on-trend ensembles if you’ll be dressing to impress this semester.

polished

Professionally Polished

This outfit is for the person who likes to keep his impressions professional. Pair casual olive slacks with a heather button-down for a timeless first-day-of-class outfit. With suede oxfords and a croc skin belt, this look is a 2016 take on ‘60s schoolyard charm.

leisure

Lecture Hall Leisure

Never compromise comfort for style, especially in a cold lecture hall. This desaturated ensemble provides the warmth and comfort of a long-fit henley and worn jeans, but amplifies the style with a pair of taupe suede boots, a minimalistic watch and round shades. It’s the perfect look for someone who wants to blend in but look great doing it.

blue

Scholastically Monochromatic

This semester, try going head-to-toe with one hue. Break up all the powdered blue with varying textures like denim, suede and leather, then accessorize with gold accents. This look’s circle glasses and low-heeled mules are staples of the ‘70s revival, but a basic tee and simple jewelry make it a timeless library-to-brunch look.

burgundies

Thursday Night Burgundies

If you’re just waiting on the weekend, amp up your Thursday threads with silky textures and glamorous silhouettes. You may be used to dressing down for class, but you can save time and impress with a flattering blouse and tailored pants. When it’s time to ditch the backpack for a bar crawl, pop on some suede booties, a bead-encrusted clutch and a lip dark enough to kiss class goodbye.

Haley Walker

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on No. 64 Ana Oparenovic Wednesday at 8 a.m., while Si ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...