Edge, Fashion

Back-to-school fashions keep up with trends

What are you wearing this week? Class time may call for comfort, but there’s nothing like dressing well to boost your confidence on the first day of class. Check out these on-trend ensembles if you’ll be dressing to impress this semester.

polished

Professionally Polished

This outfit is for the person who likes to keep his impressions professional. Pair casual olive slacks with a heather button-down for a timeless first-day-of-class outfit. With suede oxfords and a croc skin belt, this look is a 2016 take on ‘60s schoolyard charm.

leisure

Lecture Hall Leisure

Never compromise comfort for style, especially in a cold lecture hall. This desaturated ensemble provides the warmth and comfort of a long-fit henley and worn jeans, but amplifies the style with a pair of taupe suede boots, a minimalistic watch and round shades. It’s the perfect look for someone who wants to blend in but look great doing it.

blue

Scholastically Monochromatic

This semester, try going head-to-toe with one hue. Break up all the powdered blue with varying textures like denim, suede and leather, then accessorize with gold accents. This look’s circle glasses and low-heeled mules are staples of the ‘70s revival, but a basic tee and simple jewelry make it a timeless library-to-brunch look.

burgundies

Thursday Night Burgundies

If you’re just waiting on the weekend, amp up your Thursday threads with silky textures and glamorous silhouettes. You may be used to dressing down for class, but you can save time and impress with a flattering blouse and tailored pants. When it’s time to ditch the backpack for a bar crawl, pop on some suede booties, a bead-encrusted clutch and a lip dark enough to kiss class goodbye.

About Author

Haley Walker

Last year the rain fell in torrents. Wednesday was all scorching sunshine. Fifteen former Miami Hurr ...

See phtos from the University of Miami's annual Pro Day, where outgoing UM players perform for ...

Quarterback Brad Kaaya ambled out of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence close to 3 p.m. Wed ...

A woman has accused NFL Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star wide receiver Michael Irvi ...

Today is special for 15 former Hurricanes football players from the University of Miami. It’s Pro Da ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

At The Net with Piotr Lomacki ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will face Princeton on Dec. 2 in the Naismith Mem ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete at two of the top outdoor meets in the Uni ...

What's Pro Day like at The U? We followed along from start to finish to find out. ...

Greg Veliz delivered a sparkling performance on the hill, but Miami fell to No. 12 FGCU 3-0. ...