‘Legend of Zelda’-themed concert to host live performance at Adrienne Arsht Center

A concert tour themed after the "Legend of Zelda" video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP

A concert tour themed after the “Legend of Zelda” video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP.

On Saturday, the highly acclaimed “Symphony of the Goddesses – Master Quest,” a concert tour themed after the beloved “Legend of Zelda” video game series, will be hosting a live performance at Miami’s own Adrienne Arsht Center for a night of celebrating a ubiquitous series of soundtracks.

Consisting of a four-movement symphony playing over footage of gameplay from numerous “Zelda” titles, “Symphony of the Goddesses” offers what can only be described as engrossing and deeply nostalgic with a performance featuring a 56-piece orchestra and a 20-person choir.

While attendees come from all walks of life, those most passionate about “Symphony of the Goddesses” are dedicated gamers, some of whom even dress up as their favorite characters from the series to attend similar performances. “Symphony of the Goddesses” specifically resonates with gamers who grew up listening to the comfortably familiar eight-bit tunes of the original “Legend of Zelda” for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Junior Jesse Winston, an avid video game player and a member of UM’s Video Games Club, will be attending the tour for the third time.

“I finally got around to beating ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’ last year,” Winston said, referring to the acclaimed game title for the Nintendo 64 system. “I’m really looking forward to the ‘Majora’s Mask’ movement, seeing as I’ll finally be able to make an emotional association to the music.”

Five years ago, “Symphony of the Goddesses” started out as a collection of small shows in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series as well as the launch of its most recent title at the time, “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.” The shows garnered huge momentum and were well-received by gamers and the general public alike.

In January 2012, a yearlong tour kicked off with a lengthy schedule of performances across the globe. Its second tour, known as “Second Quest,” took place the following year and offered a more abundant program of suites and renditions. Following a yearlong hiatus, “Symphony of the Goddesses” officially made its triumphant return with its third tour, the “Master Quest,” which kicked off in January 2015. Following its tremendous success, the tour was extended into 2016.

Tickets for the evening of orchestral renditions are sold online at arshtcenter.org.

Israel Aragon Bravo

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

University of Miami safety Sheldrick Redwine got to wear the gaudy (but beautiful to Canes and their ...

This just in: University of Miami at Florida State will kick off in Tallahassee at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

UM undergraduate students resumed classes Monday, some ready, some not, but everyone glad to be back ...

The bold vision for advancing health care education and practice manifests itself this Thursday, Sep ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

University of Miami women's golfer Dewi Weber wasted little time this season in adding to her a ...

The University of Miami's football game at Florida State on Oct. 7 will kick off at 3:30 p.m. E ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Junior golfer Dewi Weber highlighted second round action for the University of Miami women's go ...