‘Legend of Zelda’-themed concert to host live performance at Adrienne Arsht Center

A concert tour themed after the "Legend of Zelda" video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP

A concert tour themed after the “Legend of Zelda” video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP.

On Saturday, the highly acclaimed “Symphony of the Goddesses – Master Quest,” a concert tour themed after the beloved “Legend of Zelda” video game series, will be hosting a live performance at Miami’s own Adrienne Arsht Center for a night of celebrating a ubiquitous series of soundtracks.

Consisting of a four-movement symphony playing over footage of gameplay from numerous “Zelda” titles, “Symphony of the Goddesses” offers what can only be described as engrossing and deeply nostalgic with a performance featuring a 56-piece orchestra and a 20-person choir.

While attendees come from all walks of life, those most passionate about “Symphony of the Goddesses” are dedicated gamers, some of whom even dress up as their favorite characters from the series to attend similar performances. “Symphony of the Goddesses” specifically resonates with gamers who grew up listening to the comfortably familiar eight-bit tunes of the original “Legend of Zelda” for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Junior Jesse Winston, an avid video game player and a member of UM’s Video Games Club, will be attending the tour for the third time.

“I finally got around to beating ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’ last year,” Winston said, referring to the acclaimed game title for the Nintendo 64 system. “I’m really looking forward to the ‘Majora’s Mask’ movement, seeing as I’ll finally be able to make an emotional association to the music.”

Five years ago, “Symphony of the Goddesses” started out as a collection of small shows in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series as well as the launch of its most recent title at the time, “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.” The shows garnered huge momentum and were well-received by gamers and the general public alike.

In January 2012, a yearlong tour kicked off with a lengthy schedule of performances across the globe. Its second tour, known as “Second Quest,” took place the following year and offered a more abundant program of suites and renditions. Following a yearlong hiatus, “Symphony of the Goddesses” officially made its triumphant return with its third tour, the “Master Quest,” which kicked off in January 2015. Following its tremendous success, the tour was extended into 2016.

Tickets for the evening of orchestral renditions are sold online at arshtcenter.org.

About Author

Israel Aragon

Last year the rain fell in torrents. Wednesday was all scorching sunshine. Fifteen former Miami Hurr ...

See phtos from the University of Miami's annual Pro Day, where outgoing UM players perform for ...

Quarterback Brad Kaaya ambled out of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence close to 3 p.m. Wed ...

A woman has accused NFL Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star wide receiver Michael Irvi ...

Today is special for 15 former Hurricanes football players from the University of Miami. It’s Pro Da ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

At The Net with Piotr Lomacki ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will face Princeton on Dec. 2 in the Naismith Mem ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete at two of the top outdoor meets in the Uni ...

What's Pro Day like at The U? We followed along from start to finish to find out. ...

Greg Veliz delivered a sparkling performance on the hill, but Miami fell to No. 12 FGCU 3-0. ...