‘Legend of Zelda’-themed concert to host live performance at Adrienne Arsht Center

A concert tour themed after the "Legend of Zelda" video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP

A concert tour themed after the “Legend of Zelda” video game series will take the stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center Saturday evening. Photo courtesy JMPP.

On Saturday, the highly acclaimed “Symphony of the Goddesses – Master Quest,” a concert tour themed after the beloved “Legend of Zelda” video game series, will be hosting a live performance at Miami’s own Adrienne Arsht Center for a night of celebrating a ubiquitous series of soundtracks.

Consisting of a four-movement symphony playing over footage of gameplay from numerous “Zelda” titles, “Symphony of the Goddesses” offers what can only be described as engrossing and deeply nostalgic with a performance featuring a 56-piece orchestra and a 20-person choir.

While attendees come from all walks of life, those most passionate about “Symphony of the Goddesses” are dedicated gamers, some of whom even dress up as their favorite characters from the series to attend similar performances. “Symphony of the Goddesses” specifically resonates with gamers who grew up listening to the comfortably familiar eight-bit tunes of the original “Legend of Zelda” for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Junior Jesse Winston, an avid video game player and a member of UM’s Video Games Club, will be attending the tour for the third time.

“I finally got around to beating ‘The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask’ last year,” Winston said, referring to the acclaimed game title for the Nintendo 64 system. “I’m really looking forward to the ‘Majora’s Mask’ movement, seeing as I’ll finally be able to make an emotional association to the music.”

Five years ago, “Symphony of the Goddesses” started out as a collection of small shows in Los Angeles, Tokyo and London to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series as well as the launch of its most recent title at the time, “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.” The shows garnered huge momentum and were well-received by gamers and the general public alike.

In January 2012, a yearlong tour kicked off with a lengthy schedule of performances across the globe. Its second tour, known as “Second Quest,” took place the following year and offered a more abundant program of suites and renditions. Following a yearlong hiatus, “Symphony of the Goddesses” officially made its triumphant return with its third tour, the “Master Quest,” which kicked off in January 2015. Following its tremendous success, the tour was extended into 2016.

Tickets for the evening of orchestral renditions are sold online at arshtcenter.org.

Israel Aragon Bravo

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...