Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes baseball ranked No. 1 in the country for first time since 2008

The Hurricanes are back on top. For the first time since June 2008, Baseball America ranked Miami No. 1 in its new poll Monday morning. Baseball America isn’t alone having Miami on top of the college baseball world. D1Baseball, Perfect Game and NCAA Baseball all have the Hurricanes as the No. 1 team in the country.

The Canes (25-4, 11-2) were previously in the top three of all those polls but moved to first Monday morning after No. 1 Florida lost a home series over the weekend to Mississippi State, another top-three team. Miami has won nine straight and 20 of its last 22 games overall.

Miami is coming off a 10-2 win at Notre Dame in the only game of a series that saw the first two matchups cancelled due to snow. The Hurricanes are 20-3 at home this season with the only losses coming against Florida (twice) and then-No. 4 Louisville. Miami’s only loss on the road was to Virginia Tech exactly a month ago. The Canes have won every series this year except for the second one of the season against the Gators back in February.

The Canes next play Nova Southeastern on Tuesday followed by Central Florida on Wednesday, with both games starting at 6 p.m. at Mark Light Field.

Mark Singer

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...