Dear V

Dear V: 5 tips for a smooth summer fling

As the end of spring semester approaches, UM students are anticipating internships, summer jobs and mojitos on the beach.

While slaving away studying for finals, remember to make plans to turn up the heat and break a sweat this summer. Here are five tips for a smooth summer fling:

1. Don’t go back to your high-school ex. No need to stir up old feelings.

2. Stick with Tinder. Don’t search for love you’ll leave come August.

3. Avoid awkward parent intrusions by splurging on a hotel room.

4. Pick someone who helps you have fun and relax; he doesn’t have to be a Ph.D. candidate.

5. Keep things light and flirty. No hour-long phone calls or romantic dates.

Stick to a fun, feeling-free summer, and by the time fall semester swings around, you’ll be ready to get your head back in the UM-dating game.

Advice Columnist

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison, who left the Hurricanes football pro ...

A six-pack of UM nuggets on a Tuesday: • UM receiver Dionte Mullins’ final statement this spring - i ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

University of Miami Coach Jim Larrañaga has announced the addition of Lamont Franklin as the directo ...

HurricaneSports.com caught up with Miami's current hardwood ProCanes. Here's where you can ...

A trio of Canes are represented in the polls, with Lomacki at No. 64 in the ITA Singles rankings and ...

The Miami women's tennis team has continued its rise up the ITA national rankings, checking in ...

Romy Gonzalez scored the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, and Miami held on for an 8-7 win over hos ...