V's Take

Dear V: 5 tips for a smooth summer fling

As the end of spring semester approaches, UM students are anticipating internships, summer jobs and mojitos on the beach.

While slaving away studying for finals, remember to make plans to turn up the heat and break a sweat this summer. Here are five tips for a smooth summer fling:

1. Don’t go back to your high-school ex. No need to stir up old feelings.

2. Stick with Tinder. Don’t search for love you’ll leave come August.

3. Avoid awkward parent intrusions by splurging on a hotel room.

4. Pick someone who helps you have fun and relax; he doesn’t have to be a Ph.D. candidate.

5. Keep things light and flirty. No hour-long phone calls or romantic dates.

Stick to a fun, feeling-free summer, and by the time fall semester swings around, you’ll be ready to get your head back in the UM-dating game.

Advice Columnist

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...