Kid Ink to perform at 2016 Hurricane Productions Spring Concert

Update, March 30, 1 p.m.: The exact days for when the Concerts Committee will be tabling in the Breezeway to offer a chance to meet Kid Ink have been added to this article. 

Kid Ink will perform at the 2016 Hurricane Productions (HP) Spring Concert, the organization announced through a YouTube video today. The concert will be held at 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 21 on the Foote Green as part of Canes Carnival.

American rapper Kid Ink has recorded five hip-hop and R&B albums, and his song “Show Me” featuring Chris Brown became a triple-platinum hit.

Students can like and share the reveal video for a chance to win a meet and greet with the artist. The Concerts Committee will also be tabling in the Breezeway tomorrow and every Tuesday and Wednesday starting next week to offer more chances to win.

HP’s seven committees organize the annual Canes Carnival to help students unwind and have fun before finals begin. Last year, HP brought electronic duo Timeflies to the Spring Concert stage, and alternative punk band Reel Big Fish performed in 2014.

Other attractions at this year’s carnival include a Ferris wheel, trivia games at the Rat and smaller activities throughout the day.

To find out more about the Spring Concert and Canes Carnival, visit Hurricane Productions’ Facebook page or go to hurricaneproductions.org.

Feature photo courtesy Flickr user Dominik Stuhler.

Julie Harans

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...