Kid Ink to perform at 2016 Hurricane Productions Spring Concert

Update, March 30, 1 p.m.: The exact days for when the Concerts Committee will be tabling in the Breezeway to offer a chance to meet Kid Ink have been added to this article. 

Kid Ink will perform at the 2016 Hurricane Productions (HP) Spring Concert, the organization announced through a YouTube video today. The concert will be held at 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 21 on the Foote Green as part of Canes Carnival.

American rapper Kid Ink has recorded five hip-hop and R&B albums, and his song “Show Me” featuring Chris Brown became a triple-platinum hit.

Students can like and share the reveal video for a chance to win a meet and greet with the artist. The Concerts Committee will also be tabling in the Breezeway tomorrow and every Tuesday and Wednesday starting next week to offer more chances to win.

HP’s seven committees organize the annual Canes Carnival to help students unwind and have fun before finals begin. Last year, HP brought electronic duo Timeflies to the Spring Concert stage, and alternative punk band Reel Big Fish performed in 2014.

Other attractions at this year’s carnival include a Ferris wheel, trivia games at the Rat and smaller activities throughout the day.

To find out more about the Spring Concert and Canes Carnival, visit Hurricane Productions’ Facebook page or go to hurricaneproductions.org.

Feature photo courtesy Flickr user Dominik Stuhler.

Julie Harans

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...