Kid Ink to perform at 2016 Hurricane Productions Spring Concert

Update, March 30, 1 p.m.: The exact days for when the Concerts Committee will be tabling in the Breezeway to offer a chance to meet Kid Ink have been added to this article. 

Kid Ink will perform at the 2016 Hurricane Productions (HP) Spring Concert, the organization announced through a YouTube video today. The concert will be held at 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 21 on the Foote Green as part of Canes Carnival.

American rapper Kid Ink has recorded five hip-hop and R&B albums, and his song “Show Me” featuring Chris Brown became a triple-platinum hit.

Students can like and share the reveal video for a chance to win a meet and greet with the artist. The Concerts Committee will also be tabling in the Breezeway tomorrow and every Tuesday and Wednesday starting next week to offer more chances to win.

HP’s seven committees organize the annual Canes Carnival to help students unwind and have fun before finals begin. Last year, HP brought electronic duo Timeflies to the Spring Concert stage, and alternative punk band Reel Big Fish performed in 2014.

Other attractions at this year’s carnival include a Ferris wheel, trivia games at the Rat and smaller activities throughout the day.

To find out more about the Spring Concert and Canes Carnival, visit Hurricane Productions’ Facebook page or go to hurricaneproductions.org.

Feature photo courtesy Flickr user Dominik Stuhler.

Julie Harans

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami diving team finished its trip to the Texas Diving Invite on a high note Satu ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...