Edge Briefs 3/28: Miss University of Miami 2016, Yoga on the Rock, Coral Gables Comedy Festival

Miss University of Miami 2016

The Miss UM pageant tradition is back, and contestants will present themselves for the crown on Tuesday as they express their viewpoints, talents and accomplishments. The event is free for UM students with a Cane Card and a $5 donation is requested from guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the event starts at 7 p.m.

Yoga on the Rock

Yoga instructor Mia Rafowitz will share mind-body techniques during Tuesday’s yoga class on the Rock beginning at 5 p.m. The class costs $5, and all proceeds will go directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Coral Gables Comedy Festival 

Listen to stand-up comedy from more than 30 local comedians at the Coral Gables Comedy Festival, which will be held at the Cosford Cinema Wednesday. Showtimes are 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., and doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students and $20 for general admission. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit UM’s School of Communication.

Emily Dabau

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...

Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Kellen Winslow II, Jon Beason and Lamar Thomas were among the football ...

Miami came up short in Game 1 of a doubleheader Saturday afternoon, falling to visiting Pitt, 3-0, a ...

Canes shoot 2-under on back nine; Weber third overall at 2-under 70. ...