Edge Briefs 3/28: Miss University of Miami 2016, Yoga on the Rock, Coral Gables Comedy Festival

Miss University of Miami 2016

The Miss UM pageant tradition is back, and contestants will present themselves for the crown on Tuesday as they express their viewpoints, talents and accomplishments. The event is free for UM students with a Cane Card and a $5 donation is requested from guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the event starts at 7 p.m.

Yoga on the Rock

Yoga instructor Mia Rafowitz will share mind-body techniques during Tuesday’s yoga class on the Rock beginning at 5 p.m. The class costs $5, and all proceeds will go directly to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Coral Gables Comedy Festival 

Listen to stand-up comedy from more than 30 local comedians at the Coral Gables Comedy Festival, which will be held at the Cosford Cinema Wednesday. Showtimes are 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., and doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets are $10 for students and $20 for general admission. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit UM’s School of Communication.

Emily Dabau

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison, who left the Hurricanes football pro ...

A six-pack of UM nuggets on a Tuesday: • UM receiver Dionte Mullins’ final statement this spring - i ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

University of Miami Coach Jim Larrañaga has announced the addition of Lamont Franklin as the directo ...

HurricaneSports.com caught up with Miami's current hardwood ProCanes. Here's where you can ...

A trio of Canes are represented in the polls, with Lomacki at No. 64 in the ITA Singles rankings and ...

The Miami women's tennis team has continued its rise up the ITA national rankings, checking in ...

Romy Gonzalez scored the go-ahead run in the ninth inning, and Miami held on for an 8-7 win over hos ...