Dear V

Dear V: Boyfriend fears I’m sizing down

I’ve been considering getting a breast reduction. They’re much less common than implants – you might say “bigger is better” – but I’m an athlete and my DD’s get in the way of my ability to perform well playing soccer and running track and field.

It’s not that I’m not comfortable with my body, because I am. But it’s becoming an inconvenience – I get backaches and shoulder strains.

I started saving up a year ago and I’m almost able to afford the procedure. Problem is, when I broke the news to my boyfriend, he was devastated. He tried his best to be supportive, but out of the T & A men, he’s definitely a T.

I feel bad that I’m going smaller. Let’s be honest, my boyfriend’s going to miss my rack. I might not have fabulous “love pillows,” as he calls them, afterward.

I’m wondering if maybe I shouldn’t go through with it. What do you think I should do?

Sincerely,

My Humps

Dear My Humps,

First of all, your body, your rules.

Sure, it can be a bummer for your breast man that there will be less for him to hold in his hands after the procedure, but this decision is completely up to you. It’s about your personal comfort, not aesthetics.

If your boyfriend loves you, he’ll love you at A, B or DD. He should love you no matter what size or shape you are and the same goes for you with him.

However, a breast reduction is a major surgical procedure. You should be sure you’re ready to go through with it before committing. It’s easy to think of how much easier your life will be afterward without considering the healing process and painful weeks after the surgery.

With any surgery, there are always chances it could go wrong. Make sure you pick a doctor you’re confident with and don’t try to save cash on a cheaper procedure.

If you’re not totally ready to follow through with it yet, try simpler solutions. See if doubling up on sports bras helps to relieve the tension. Try incorporating stretches, ibuprofen and even a chiropractor. Those are all things you could try before going under the knife.

If none of that works out, break the news to your boyfriend. Don’t apologize. He should support you during a major change, not make it a pity party mourning the loss of your knockers.

Maybe there’s something else he can fixate on. Break out into a squat routine and try to turn your man into an A man. If all else fails, show him he can learn to love your itty bitties.

Don’t be ashamed of your smaller, lovely lady lumps.By any chance, does your boyfriend have a younger brother?

-V

Advice Columnist

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...