V's Take

Dear V: Boyfriend fears I’m sizing down

I’ve been considering getting a breast reduction. They’re much less common than implants – you might say “bigger is better” – but I’m an athlete and my DD’s get in the way of my ability to perform well playing soccer and running track and field.

It’s not that I’m not comfortable with my body, because I am. But it’s becoming an inconvenience – I get backaches and shoulder strains.

I started saving up a year ago and I’m almost able to afford the procedure. Problem is, when I broke the news to my boyfriend, he was devastated. He tried his best to be supportive, but out of the T & A men, he’s definitely a T.

I feel bad that I’m going smaller. Let’s be honest, my boyfriend’s going to miss my rack. I might not have fabulous “love pillows,” as he calls them, afterward.

I’m wondering if maybe I shouldn’t go through with it. What do you think I should do?

Sincerely,

My Humps

Dear My Humps,

First of all, your body, your rules.

Sure, it can be a bummer for your breast man that there will be less for him to hold in his hands after the procedure, but this decision is completely up to you. It’s about your personal comfort, not aesthetics.

If your boyfriend loves you, he’ll love you at A, B or DD. He should love you no matter what size or shape you are and the same goes for you with him.

However, a breast reduction is a major surgical procedure. You should be sure you’re ready to go through with it before committing. It’s easy to think of how much easier your life will be afterward without considering the healing process and painful weeks after the surgery.

With any surgery, there are always chances it could go wrong. Make sure you pick a doctor you’re confident with and don’t try to save cash on a cheaper procedure.

If you’re not totally ready to follow through with it yet, try simpler solutions. See if doubling up on sports bras helps to relieve the tension. Try incorporating stretches, ibuprofen and even a chiropractor. Those are all things you could try before going under the knife.

If none of that works out, break the news to your boyfriend. Don’t apologize. He should support you during a major change, not make it a pity party mourning the loss of your knockers.

Maybe there’s something else he can fixate on. Break out into a squat routine and try to turn your man into an A man. If all else fails, show him he can learn to love your itty bitties.

Don’t be ashamed of your smaller, lovely lady lumps.By any chance, does your boyfriend have a younger brother?

-V

Advice Columnist

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...