Dear V

Dear V: Boyfriend fears I’m sizing down

I’ve been considering getting a breast reduction. They’re much less common than implants – you might say “bigger is better” – but I’m an athlete and my DD’s get in the way of my ability to perform well playing soccer and running track and field.

It’s not that I’m not comfortable with my body, because I am. But it’s becoming an inconvenience – I get backaches and shoulder strains.

I started saving up a year ago and I’m almost able to afford the procedure. Problem is, when I broke the news to my boyfriend, he was devastated. He tried his best to be supportive, but out of the T & A men, he’s definitely a T.

I feel bad that I’m going smaller. Let’s be honest, my boyfriend’s going to miss my rack. I might not have fabulous “love pillows,” as he calls them, afterward.

I’m wondering if maybe I shouldn’t go through with it. What do you think I should do?

Sincerely,

My Humps

Dear My Humps,

First of all, your body, your rules.

Sure, it can be a bummer for your breast man that there will be less for him to hold in his hands after the procedure, but this decision is completely up to you. It’s about your personal comfort, not aesthetics.

If your boyfriend loves you, he’ll love you at A, B or DD. He should love you no matter what size or shape you are and the same goes for you with him.

However, a breast reduction is a major surgical procedure. You should be sure you’re ready to go through with it before committing. It’s easy to think of how much easier your life will be afterward without considering the healing process and painful weeks after the surgery.

With any surgery, there are always chances it could go wrong. Make sure you pick a doctor you’re confident with and don’t try to save cash on a cheaper procedure.

If you’re not totally ready to follow through with it yet, try simpler solutions. See if doubling up on sports bras helps to relieve the tension. Try incorporating stretches, ibuprofen and even a chiropractor. Those are all things you could try before going under the knife.

If none of that works out, break the news to your boyfriend. Don’t apologize. He should support you during a major change, not make it a pity party mourning the loss of your knockers.

Maybe there’s something else he can fixate on. Break out into a squat routine and try to turn your man into an A man. If all else fails, show him he can learn to love your itty bitties.

Don’t be ashamed of your smaller, lovely lady lumps.By any chance, does your boyfriend have a younger brother?

-V

Advice Columnist

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dewan Huell is the only Miami native on the University of Miami men’s basketball team, and he wears ...

1. HEAT: Look out, 'cuz the Heat are sizzlin' hot!: Looks like Dion Waiters is done for th ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes veterans and newcomers alike opened their season strong at the UAB Blazer Invitational. ...