Dear V

Dear V: Boyfriend fears I’m sizing down

I’ve been considering getting a breast reduction. They’re much less common than implants – you might say “bigger is better” – but I’m an athlete and my DD’s get in the way of my ability to perform well playing soccer and running track and field.

It’s not that I’m not comfortable with my body, because I am. But it’s becoming an inconvenience – I get backaches and shoulder strains.

I started saving up a year ago and I’m almost able to afford the procedure. Problem is, when I broke the news to my boyfriend, he was devastated. He tried his best to be supportive, but out of the T & A men, he’s definitely a T.

I feel bad that I’m going smaller. Let’s be honest, my boyfriend’s going to miss my rack. I might not have fabulous “love pillows,” as he calls them, afterward.

I’m wondering if maybe I shouldn’t go through with it. What do you think I should do?

Sincerely,

My Humps

Dear My Humps,

First of all, your body, your rules.

Sure, it can be a bummer for your breast man that there will be less for him to hold in his hands after the procedure, but this decision is completely up to you. It’s about your personal comfort, not aesthetics.

If your boyfriend loves you, he’ll love you at A, B or DD. He should love you no matter what size or shape you are and the same goes for you with him.

However, a breast reduction is a major surgical procedure. You should be sure you’re ready to go through with it before committing. It’s easy to think of how much easier your life will be afterward without considering the healing process and painful weeks after the surgery.

With any surgery, there are always chances it could go wrong. Make sure you pick a doctor you’re confident with and don’t try to save cash on a cheaper procedure.

If you’re not totally ready to follow through with it yet, try simpler solutions. See if doubling up on sports bras helps to relieve the tension. Try incorporating stretches, ibuprofen and even a chiropractor. Those are all things you could try before going under the knife.

If none of that works out, break the news to your boyfriend. Don’t apologize. He should support you during a major change, not make it a pity party mourning the loss of your knockers.

Maybe there’s something else he can fixate on. Break out into a squat routine and try to turn your man into an A man. If all else fails, show him he can learn to love your itty bitties.

Don’t be ashamed of your smaller, lovely lady lumps.By any chance, does your boyfriend have a younger brother?

-V

Advice Columnist

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was not going to let his Hurricanes be denied. ...

View photos from the Toledo Rockets at Miami Hurricanes game Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017, at Hard Rock ...

What seemed like calamity at the half turned out OK. The defense stepped up, Malik Rosier stepped up ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...