Edge Briefs 3/24: Canes in Color, Build a Street Sign, ‘The Huntsman: Winter’s War’

Canes in Color

A night filled with dancing and paint splatter, Canes in Color is an EDM paint party being held by Hurricane Productions Daytime and the Department of Housing & Residential Life. The event will be held from 9-11 p.m. Thursday on the Green and the first 250 students in attendance will receive a free white T-shirt.

Build a Street Sign

Spend $5 or more on your favorite dishes from the Rat and get the chance to make your own street sign courtesy of Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. The event will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Thursday and a valid receipt is needed to build a sign.

“The Huntsman: Winter’s War”

An advance screening of the film starring Emily Blunt, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron will be shown at 9 p.m. on March 29 at the Cosford Cinema. “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” follows Freya, a young queen who can freeze enemies, as she sets out to retrieve a magic mirror and encounters threats to the kingdom. The event is free and first come, first served.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user stux.

Emily Dabau

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

University of Miami safety Sheldrick Redwine got to wear the gaudy (but beautiful to Canes and their ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

A few quick thoughts (or second thoughts) after 14th-ranked UM’s 52-30 win against Toledo on Saturda ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

Junior golfer Dewi Weber highlighted second round action for the University of Miami women's go ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its opening weekend of competition at the All-Florida ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...