Edge Briefs 3/24: Canes in Color, Build a Street Sign, ‘The Huntsman: Winter’s War’

Canes in Color

A night filled with dancing and paint splatter, Canes in Color is an EDM paint party being held by Hurricane Productions Daytime and the Department of Housing & Residential Life. The event will be held from 9-11 p.m. Thursday on the Green and the first 250 students in attendance will receive a free white T-shirt.

Build a Street Sign

Spend $5 or more on your favorite dishes from the Rat and get the chance to make your own street sign courtesy of Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board. The event will be held from 1-4 p.m. on Thursday and a valid receipt is needed to build a sign.

“The Huntsman: Winter’s War”

An advance screening of the film starring Emily Blunt, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron will be shown at 9 p.m. on March 29 at the Cosford Cinema. “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” follows Freya, a young queen who can freeze enemies, as she sets out to retrieve a magic mirror and encounters threats to the kingdom. The event is free and first come, first served.

Emily Dabau may be emailed at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user stux.

Emily Dabau

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dewan Huell is the only Miami native on the University of Miami men’s basketball team, and he wears ...

1. HEAT: Look out, 'cuz the Heat are sizzlin' hot!: Looks like Dion Waiters is done for th ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Hurricanes and Blue Devils square off at 7 p.m. Monday. ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...

The University of Miami announced Monday that it has relieved Mary-Frances Monroe of her duties as h ...

As the University of Miami heads into 2018, check out the latest edition of Hurricane Magazine. ...

Hurricanes veterans and newcomers alike opened their season strong at the UAB Blazer Invitational. ...