Edge, Food

Celebrate March Madness with restaurant deals

In honor of NCAA March Madness, there are several restaurants offering specials so fans don’t have to cheer on their favorite players with an empty stomach. While watching the Canes take on Villanova Thursday for the NCAA Regional Tournament at Louisville, don’t miss out on these food specials.

Spring Chicken:

Items at Spring Chicken including the Yardbird Sandwich, Mama’s Chicken Biscuit and Yardbird Stock Ale will be 50 percent off in celebration of the Canes’ success in March Madness. The promotion is available for lunch the day after the Canes win a night game and for dinner if the Canes win a day game. To redeem the offer, guests must pay with the Spring Chicken app.

Spring Chicken is located at 1514 S. Dixie Hwy.

Papa John’s:

When you order at least $15 from Papa John’s to get you through a long night of studying, you’ll be rewarded with a free large pizza for the day after. Just use the promotional code FREETHROW through April 4 to have a large free pizza sent your way.

Papa John’s is located at 1596 S. Dixie Hwy.

The Rat:

If your idea of the perfect game-watch party involves wings, then get decked out in orange and green and head over to the Rat Thursday for a Sweet 16 Watch Party with your fellow Canes, hosted by the Rathskeller Advisory Board and Category 5. Free wings will be given out to the first 75 students in attendance beginning at 6:45 p.m., and game time is 7:10 p.m. There will also be giveaways including water bottles, rally towels, March Madness shirts and UM Adidas apparel.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user bhumann34.

Emily Dabau

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...