Edge, Food

Celebrate March Madness with restaurant deals

In honor of NCAA March Madness, there are several restaurants offering specials so fans don’t have to cheer on their favorite players with an empty stomach. While watching the Canes take on Villanova Thursday for the NCAA Regional Tournament at Louisville, don’t miss out on these food specials.

Spring Chicken:

Items at Spring Chicken including the Yardbird Sandwich, Mama’s Chicken Biscuit and Yardbird Stock Ale will be 50 percent off in celebration of the Canes’ success in March Madness. The promotion is available for lunch the day after the Canes win a night game and for dinner if the Canes win a day game. To redeem the offer, guests must pay with the Spring Chicken app.

Spring Chicken is located at 1514 S. Dixie Hwy.

Papa John’s:

When you order at least $15 from Papa John’s to get you through a long night of studying, you’ll be rewarded with a free large pizza for the day after. Just use the promotional code FREETHROW through April 4 to have a large free pizza sent your way.

Papa John’s is located at 1596 S. Dixie Hwy.

The Rat:

If your idea of the perfect game-watch party involves wings, then get decked out in orange and green and head over to the Rat Thursday for a Sweet 16 Watch Party with your fellow Canes, hosted by the Rathskeller Advisory Board and Category 5. Free wings will be given out to the first 75 students in attendance beginning at 6:45 p.m., and game time is 7:10 p.m. There will also be giveaways including water bottles, rally towels, March Madness shirts and UM Adidas apparel.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user bhumann34.

Emily Dabau

You’ve got to expect the Las Vegas sportsbooks to come strong and smart with two days of Florida col ...

Here’s why UM moving up to No. 2 in the CFP poll was important, for reasons that extend beyond Canes ...

You think you’ve got a lot of cooking to do to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner? Imagine how busy the ...

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

At the entrance of the University of Miami’s Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic S ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

Dewan Huell scored a career-high 16 points as the Canes defeated La Salle in Reading, Pa. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team had to break a 10-year-old record to overcome sturdy Georgia ...

Here are three matchups to watch as the No. 2 Hurricanes face Pitt with a chance to finish the regul ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

The Miami women's basketball team's annual Miami Thanksgiving Tournament begins Friday at ...