Edge, Food

Celebrate March Madness with restaurant deals

In honor of NCAA March Madness, there are several restaurants offering specials so fans don’t have to cheer on their favorite players with an empty stomach. While watching the Canes take on Villanova Thursday for the NCAA Regional Tournament at Louisville, don’t miss out on these food specials.

Spring Chicken:

Items at Spring Chicken including the Yardbird Sandwich, Mama’s Chicken Biscuit and Yardbird Stock Ale will be 50 percent off in celebration of the Canes’ success in March Madness. The promotion is available for lunch the day after the Canes win a night game and for dinner if the Canes win a day game. To redeem the offer, guests must pay with the Spring Chicken app.

Spring Chicken is located at 1514 S. Dixie Hwy.

Papa John’s:

When you order at least $15 from Papa John’s to get you through a long night of studying, you’ll be rewarded with a free large pizza for the day after. Just use the promotional code FREETHROW through April 4 to have a large free pizza sent your way.

Papa John’s is located at 1596 S. Dixie Hwy.

The Rat:

If your idea of the perfect game-watch party involves wings, then get decked out in orange and green and head over to the Rat Thursday for a Sweet 16 Watch Party with your fellow Canes, hosted by the Rathskeller Advisory Board and Category 5. Free wings will be given out to the first 75 students in attendance beginning at 6:45 p.m., and game time is 7:10 p.m. There will also be giveaways including water bottles, rally towels, March Madness shirts and UM Adidas apparel.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user bhumann34.

Emily Dabau

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...