Edge, Fashion

Fashion Talk panel to feature celebrities, industry professionals

Fashion enthusiasts will have the chance to hear from professionals currently working in the modeling industry, including makeup artists, photographers, managers and fashion models themselves during a Fashion Talk panel event being held from 7-9 p.m. on Tuesday in the University Center’s Storm Surge Room.

The panel will include “America’s Next Top Model” cycle 22 participant Hadassah Richardson and Miss Bahamas, Toria Penn, along with Aygemang Clay, a Wilhelmina Modeling Agency male model; Ptah Quammie, a photographer; and Leon Frage, a runway coordinator and modeling manager.

Hosted by the Eclipse Fashion Society, a student organization on campus prmoting fashion, design, photography and modeling, the event is free for students and $10 for non-student guests. Attendees will hear the panelists speak about the industry, their personal experiences on the runway and behind the scenes, and recommendations for those interested in fashion and hoping to enter the field.

“Eclipse Fashion Society became inspired to do this panel because we felt like it was one of the most beneficial things we could do this semester for not only our members, but other students around campus who are also passionate about fashion as well,” said Anthonia Moore, public relations advisor for the Eclipse Fashion Society.

Topics of discussion throughout the night will include personal recounts of when the panelists discovered their interest in fashion, how they found a way into the industry, what steps they took to become professionals and how they continue to find work in the industry.

“The panel is a great way to hear the ins and outs of the industry and network with professionals who are actually doing the things some of us aspire to do in the future,” Moore said.

During the event there will also be a Q&A session in which attendees will have the opportunity to ask their own questions to the panelists.

“Some of our members hope to pursue a career in the fashion industry, and this semester we wanted to focus more on building connections and branching out into the industry and the Miami area,” Moore said.

If You Go

What: Fashion Talk

When: March 22, 7-9 p.m.

Where: Storm Surge Room

Cost: Free for UM students, $10 for non-students

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user Fotownetrza.

About Author

Emily Dabau

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...