Edge, Fashion

Fashion Talk panel to feature celebrities, industry professionals

Fashion enthusiasts will have the chance to hear from professionals currently working in the modeling industry, including makeup artists, photographers, managers and fashion models themselves during a Fashion Talk panel event being held from 7-9 p.m. on Tuesday in the University Center’s Storm Surge Room.

The panel will include “America’s Next Top Model” cycle 22 participant Hadassah Richardson and Miss Bahamas, Toria Penn, along with Aygemang Clay, a Wilhelmina Modeling Agency male model; Ptah Quammie, a photographer; and Leon Frage, a runway coordinator and modeling manager.

Hosted by the Eclipse Fashion Society, a student organization on campus prmoting fashion, design, photography and modeling, the event is free for students and $10 for non-student guests. Attendees will hear the panelists speak about the industry, their personal experiences on the runway and behind the scenes, and recommendations for those interested in fashion and hoping to enter the field.

“Eclipse Fashion Society became inspired to do this panel because we felt like it was one of the most beneficial things we could do this semester for not only our members, but other students around campus who are also passionate about fashion as well,” said Anthonia Moore, public relations advisor for the Eclipse Fashion Society.

Topics of discussion throughout the night will include personal recounts of when the panelists discovered their interest in fashion, how they found a way into the industry, what steps they took to become professionals and how they continue to find work in the industry.

“The panel is a great way to hear the ins and outs of the industry and network with professionals who are actually doing the things some of us aspire to do in the future,” Moore said.

During the event there will also be a Q&A session in which attendees will have the opportunity to ask their own questions to the panelists.

“Some of our members hope to pursue a career in the fashion industry, and this semester we wanted to focus more on building connections and branching out into the industry and the Miami area,” Moore said.

If You Go

What: Fashion Talk

When: March 22, 7-9 p.m.

Where: Storm Surge Room

Cost: Free for UM students, $10 for non-students

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user Fotownetrza.

Emily Dabau

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...