Edge, Fashion

Fashion Talk panel to feature celebrities, industry professionals

Fashion enthusiasts will have the chance to hear from professionals currently working in the modeling industry, including makeup artists, photographers, managers and fashion models themselves during a Fashion Talk panel event being held from 7-9 p.m. on Tuesday in the University Center’s Storm Surge Room.

The panel will include “America’s Next Top Model” cycle 22 participant Hadassah Richardson and Miss Bahamas, Toria Penn, along with Aygemang Clay, a Wilhelmina Modeling Agency male model; Ptah Quammie, a photographer; and Leon Frage, a runway coordinator and modeling manager.

Hosted by the Eclipse Fashion Society, a student organization on campus prmoting fashion, design, photography and modeling, the event is free for students and $10 for non-student guests. Attendees will hear the panelists speak about the industry, their personal experiences on the runway and behind the scenes, and recommendations for those interested in fashion and hoping to enter the field.

“Eclipse Fashion Society became inspired to do this panel because we felt like it was one of the most beneficial things we could do this semester for not only our members, but other students around campus who are also passionate about fashion as well,” said Anthonia Moore, public relations advisor for the Eclipse Fashion Society.

Topics of discussion throughout the night will include personal recounts of when the panelists discovered their interest in fashion, how they found a way into the industry, what steps they took to become professionals and how they continue to find work in the industry.

“The panel is a great way to hear the ins and outs of the industry and network with professionals who are actually doing the things some of us aspire to do in the future,” Moore said.

During the event there will also be a Q&A session in which attendees will have the opportunity to ask their own questions to the panelists.

“Some of our members hope to pursue a career in the fashion industry, and this semester we wanted to focus more on building connections and branching out into the industry and the Miami area,” Moore said.

If You Go

What: Fashion Talk

When: March 22, 7-9 p.m.

Where: Storm Surge Room

Cost: Free for UM students, $10 for non-students

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user Fotownetrza.

Emily Dabau

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...