Edge, Fashion

Fashion Talk panel to feature celebrities, industry professionals

Fashion enthusiasts will have the chance to hear from professionals currently working in the modeling industry, including makeup artists, photographers, managers and fashion models themselves during a Fashion Talk panel event being held from 7-9 p.m. on Tuesday in the University Center’s Storm Surge Room.

The panel will include “America’s Next Top Model” cycle 22 participant Hadassah Richardson and Miss Bahamas, Toria Penn, along with Aygemang Clay, a Wilhelmina Modeling Agency male model; Ptah Quammie, a photographer; and Leon Frage, a runway coordinator and modeling manager.

Hosted by the Eclipse Fashion Society, a student organization on campus prmoting fashion, design, photography and modeling, the event is free for students and $10 for non-student guests. Attendees will hear the panelists speak about the industry, their personal experiences on the runway and behind the scenes, and recommendations for those interested in fashion and hoping to enter the field.

“Eclipse Fashion Society became inspired to do this panel because we felt like it was one of the most beneficial things we could do this semester for not only our members, but other students around campus who are also passionate about fashion as well,” said Anthonia Moore, public relations advisor for the Eclipse Fashion Society.

Topics of discussion throughout the night will include personal recounts of when the panelists discovered their interest in fashion, how they found a way into the industry, what steps they took to become professionals and how they continue to find work in the industry.

“The panel is a great way to hear the ins and outs of the industry and network with professionals who are actually doing the things some of us aspire to do in the future,” Moore said.

During the event there will also be a Q&A session in which attendees will have the opportunity to ask their own questions to the panelists.

“Some of our members hope to pursue a career in the fashion industry, and this semester we wanted to focus more on building connections and branching out into the industry and the Miami area,” Moore said.

If You Go

What: Fashion Talk

When: March 22, 7-9 p.m.

Where: Storm Surge Room

Cost: Free for UM students, $10 for non-students

Feature image courtesy Pixabay user Fotownetrza.

Emily Dabau

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...