Edge, Music, Ultra

Ultra debutes live festival broadcasts

Festival-goers dance as confetti strings fly from the Ultra Main Stage March 2015. The festival announced it will be streaming two different radio programs that will provide live coverage: Ultra Live and UMF Radio. Nick Gangemi // Editor-in-Chief

Festival-goers dance as confetti strings fly from the Ultra Main Stage March 2015. The festival announced it will be streaming two different programs that will provide live coverage: Ultra Live and UMF Radio. Nick Gangemi // Editor-in-Chief

If you don’t have tickets to this weekend’s Ultra Music Festival, there’s still a way to get in on the action. On Tuesday, the festival announced its first-ever broadcast strategy, including radio program UMF Radio and video stream service Ultra Live.

Ultra Live, presented by UMF TV, will be broadcast from an outdoor studio on the festival grounds, from 3 p.m. to midnight Friday to Sunday. Hosts Andrea Feczko and Andie Helfrich will virtually guide viewers through the festival with unique content and even fan-talent interaction. Live sets include performances by Afrojack, Avicii, The Chainsmokers and Galantis. According to a press release, two “very special guests” will be co-hosting on Saturday and Sunday.

UMF Radio will be equally historic, as the world’s biggest broadcast of electronic music content ever. It will expand the festival’s worldwide audience even further, broadcasting live across 50 networks in 38 countries from 3-11 p.m. EST on Saturday. Hosted by Andy Pate, the program will also be available on the festival’s website. Confirmed artists who will participate include Carl Cox, Dash Berlin, DJ Snake, Steve Angello, Technasia, Tiësto and Tycho, among others.

Both shows will be streaming at ultramusicfestival.com and on the official festival apps for iOS and Android.

Correction, March 17, 2016: This story originally stated that Ultra Live was a radio program. This is incorrect. Ultra Live will broadcast Ultra through video, not radio.

Emily Dabau

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on No. 64 Ana Oparenovic Wednesday at 8 a.m., while Si ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...