Edge, Music, Ultra

Ultra debutes live festival broadcasts

Festival-goers dance as confetti strings fly from the Ultra Main Stage March 2015. The festival announced it will be streaming two different radio programs that will provide live coverage: Ultra Live and UMF Radio. Nick Gangemi // Editor-in-Chief

Festival-goers dance as confetti strings fly from the Ultra Main Stage March 2015. The festival announced it will be streaming two different programs that will provide live coverage: Ultra Live and UMF Radio. Nick Gangemi // Editor-in-Chief

If you don’t have tickets to this weekend’s Ultra Music Festival, there’s still a way to get in on the action. On Tuesday, the festival announced its first-ever broadcast strategy, including radio program UMF Radio and video stream service Ultra Live.

Ultra Live, presented by UMF TV, will be broadcast from an outdoor studio on the festival grounds, from 3 p.m. to midnight Friday to Sunday. Hosts Andrea Feczko and Andie Helfrich will virtually guide viewers through the festival with unique content and even fan-talent interaction. Live sets include performances by Afrojack, Avicii, The Chainsmokers and Galantis. According to a press release, two “very special guests” will be co-hosting on Saturday and Sunday.

UMF Radio will be equally historic, as the world’s biggest broadcast of electronic music content ever. It will expand the festival’s worldwide audience even further, broadcasting live across 50 networks in 38 countries from 3-11 p.m. EST on Saturday. Hosted by Andy Pate, the program will also be available on the festival’s website. Confirmed artists who will participate include Carl Cox, Dash Berlin, DJ Snake, Steve Angello, Technasia, Tiësto and Tycho, among others.

Both shows will be streaming at ultramusicfestival.com and on the official festival apps for iOS and Android.

Correction, March 17, 2016: This story originally stated that Ultra Live was a radio program. This is incorrect. Ultra Live will broadcast Ultra through video, not radio.

Emily Dabau

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...