Basketball, Sports

Hurricanes men’s basketball earns No. 3 seed in NCAA Tournament

The Hurricanes are the No. 3 seed in the South Region of the NCAA Tournament and will play No. 14 Buffalo (20-14) in Providence, Rhode Island on Thursday.

The Canes (25-7) last went to NCAA Tournament in 2013 as a No. 2 seed and advanced to the Sweet Sixteen before falling to Marquette. This is Miami’s second appearance in the NCAA Tournament since Head Coach Jim Larrañaga took over in 2011.

The other teams in the South Region are: No. 1 Kansas, No. 2 Villanova, No. 4 California, No. 5 Maryland, No. 6 Arizona, No. 7 Iowa, No. 8 St. Joseph’s, No. 9 Cincinnati, No. 10 Temple, No. 11 Vanderbilt/Wichita State, No. 12 South Dakota State, No. 13 Hawaii, No. 15 UNC Asheville and No. 16 Austin Peay.

Miami is coming off one of its best regular seasons ever with 24 wins in the tough ACC. The Canes lost to Virginia, a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament, in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament. Virginia then lost in the ACC Tournament championship game to North Carolina, which is also a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Mark Singer

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...