Campus Life, National News, News, UBuzz

Protesters gather outside Republican primary debate at University of Miami

A crowd chanting “Donald Trump has got to go” gathered outside the BankUnited Center Thursday evening. Rallying against G.O.P. front runner and businessman Donald Trump, the protesters marched down Ponce de Leon Blvd with signs and caricatures of the candidate.

The protesters come in time for the Republican primary debate that will be held in the BUC. This is the first time in the University of Miami’s history that a Republican primary debate will take place on the Coral Gables campus. Senator Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Governor John Kasich and Senator Marco Rubio will attend the debate.

Below are photographs and video of the gathering. All photos and video taken by Assistant Photo Editor Victoria McKaba.

See More: Republican presidential candidates debate Trump, immigration, Common Core at University of Miami

Sherman Hewitt

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...