Campus Life, National News, News, UBuzz

Protesters gather outside Republican primary debate at University of Miami

A crowd chanting “Donald Trump has got to go” gathered outside the BankUnited Center Thursday evening. Rallying against G.O.P. front runner and businessman Donald Trump, the protesters marched down Ponce de Leon Blvd with signs and caricatures of the candidate.

The protesters come in time for the Republican primary debate that will be held in the BUC. This is the first time in the University of Miami’s history that a Republican primary debate will take place on the Coral Gables campus. Senator Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Governor John Kasich and Senator Marco Rubio will attend the debate.

Below are photographs and video of the gathering. All photos and video taken by Assistant Photo Editor Victoria McKaba.

See More: Republican presidential candidates debate Trump, immigration, Common Core at University of Miami

Sherman Hewitt

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

Two outgoing Miami student-athletes, Shakima Wimbley and Gracie Lachowecki, have officially been nam ...

Miami Deputy AD/SWA Jennifer Strawley has been named a member of the WBCA Board of Directors, as ann ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...