Campus Life, National News, News, UBuzz

Protesters gather outside Republican primary debate at University of Miami

A crowd chanting “Donald Trump has got to go” gathered outside the BankUnited Center Thursday evening. Rallying against G.O.P. front runner and businessman Donald Trump, the protesters marched down Ponce de Leon Blvd with signs and caricatures of the candidate.

The protesters come in time for the Republican primary debate that will be held in the BUC. This is the first time in the University of Miami’s history that a Republican primary debate will take place on the Coral Gables campus. Senator Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Governor John Kasich and Senator Marco Rubio will attend the debate.

Below are photographs and video of the gathering. All photos and video taken by Assistant Photo Editor Victoria McKaba.

See More: Republican presidential candidates debate Trump, immigration, Common Core at University of Miami

About Author

Sherman Hewitt

Just one glance at Brad Kaaya throwing passes Tuesday after the University of Miami’s first spring f ...

Yes, the Hurricanes’ uncertainty at quarterback has created some uneasiness, as Mark Richt told me r ...

Senior guards Adrienne Motley and Jessica Thomas sat slumped over on the Watsco Center floor late Mo ...

Spring has sprung for the University of Miami football program. Practice, closed to the public, had ...

View photos of the first day of Miami Hurricanes spring football practice on Tues., March 22, 2017 … ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

UM physicist studies the unexpected consequences of sub-second delays on fast-moving data systems ...

The world renown flautist joins the Frost School of Music ...

A fluid multi-platform exhibition examines the impacts of climate change through art, research, medi ...

The No. 37 Miami women's tennis team will head north to take on Boston College Friday at 1 p.m. ...

Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce the dates for the 2 ...

At the Net with Jesse Flores ...

At the Net with... ...

Kristina Fisher of the Miami soccer team has been selected to participate in an upcoming U.S. U-23 W ...