Football, Sports

Offensive linemen Trevor Darling and Jahair Jones arrested

Offensive linemen Trevor Darling and Jahair Jones were arrested on the 100 block of Eighth Street in Miami Beach on Wednesday at 7:35 p.m.

According to the arrest affidavit for Jones obtained by The Miami Herald, the two men were “impeding traffic and placed themselves in a dangerous situation.” They were approached by two uniformed police officers, who asked both linemen to move out of the street, but both Canes ignored them. Darling’s arrest affidavit stated that the arresting sergeant gave Darling “five lawful orders to remove himself from the roadway.”

Both Jones and Darling were held on $1,000 bonds at Turner Guilford Correctional Center. Jones remains in custody, but Darling has been released.

While in custody, Darling admitted he had disobeyed the officers. In his arrest affidavit it also states, “the defendant stated that he was in fact ordered by a law enforcement officer to remove himself from the roadway but continued not to follow orders.’’

The Florida state attorney is not prosecuting the case. However, the players may see some sort of punishment from the university.

“I have very high expectations for all of our student-athletes, as I know coach [Mark] Richt does for his team, and any misconduct will be addressed,” Director of Athletics Blake James said in a statement.

Darling started all 13 games for the Canes at left tackle last season as a sophomore, and he is expected to be key part of the offense in 2016.

Jones redshirted the 2015 season after transferring from Brooklyn ASA College.

Tej Joshi

Miami coach Mark Richt nearly went through his weekly teleconference Sunday without anyone asking hi ...

I opened my eyes this morning and for the first time in a long time, maybe all season, didn’t say, “ ...

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

For the second straight week, the Miami Hurricanes were ranked No. 2 in both the Associated Press po ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami volleyball team closed out the weekend with a convincing 3-0 win at Virginia ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...