Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Miami men’s basketball possibility for March Madness run

The ACC regular-season title is at stake in the final week of regular-season play for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team. The Canes enter this week with a 12-4 mark in ACC, which is a half-game back from North Carolina and a half-game up on Virginia.

In order to win the regular season outright, the Canes must win the last two games and UNC must lose in Durham on Saturday against Duke. This is quite possible if you ask me.

If Miami wins out and UNC beats Duke, then they share the ACC regular-season title.

Packed in one of the best conferences in the country, the Canes have been able to come up with signature wins against Virginia, Duke and Louisville. They have been virtually unstoppable at home going undefeated in the ACC at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Day against Louisville brought out the loudest crowd of the year and a resume booster for the Canes, as the team still has a chance to get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Washington, D.C. will be a tough test for the Canes as it looks to win the ACC tournament. Miami will likely receive a double bye into the quarterfinal round, as Louisville will not be competing.

The Canes have been flawless in neutral-site games after dominating the Puerto Rico tournament, where it beat currently-ranked Utah and Butler.

I would like to see if the Canes can surpass the accomplishments from the 2012-2013 season, when the team won both the regular season and ACC tournament and made it to the Sweet 16. This year’s team has the tools for a March Madness run and it will be Miami’s best chance yet.

Wyatt Geller

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...