Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Miami men’s basketball possibility for March Madness run

The ACC regular-season title is at stake in the final week of regular-season play for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team. The Canes enter this week with a 12-4 mark in ACC, which is a half-game back from North Carolina and a half-game up on Virginia.

In order to win the regular season outright, the Canes must win the last two games and UNC must lose in Durham on Saturday against Duke. This is quite possible if you ask me.

If Miami wins out and UNC beats Duke, then they share the ACC regular-season title.

Packed in one of the best conferences in the country, the Canes have been able to come up with signature wins against Virginia, Duke and Louisville. They have been virtually unstoppable at home going undefeated in the ACC at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Day against Louisville brought out the loudest crowd of the year and a resume booster for the Canes, as the team still has a chance to get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Washington, D.C. will be a tough test for the Canes as it looks to win the ACC tournament. Miami will likely receive a double bye into the quarterfinal round, as Louisville will not be competing.

The Canes have been flawless in neutral-site games after dominating the Puerto Rico tournament, where it beat currently-ranked Utah and Butler.

I would like to see if the Canes can surpass the accomplishments from the 2012-2013 season, when the team won both the regular season and ACC tournament and made it to the Sweet 16. This year’s team has the tools for a March Madness run and it will be Miami’s best chance yet.

Wyatt Geller

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...