Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Miami men’s basketball possibility for March Madness run

The ACC regular-season title is at stake in the final week of regular-season play for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team. The Canes enter this week with a 12-4 mark in ACC, which is a half-game back from North Carolina and a half-game up on Virginia.

In order to win the regular season outright, the Canes must win the last two games and UNC must lose in Durham on Saturday against Duke. This is quite possible if you ask me.

If Miami wins out and UNC beats Duke, then they share the ACC regular-season title.

Packed in one of the best conferences in the country, the Canes have been able to come up with signature wins against Virginia, Duke and Louisville. They have been virtually unstoppable at home going undefeated in the ACC at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Day against Louisville brought out the loudest crowd of the year and a resume booster for the Canes, as the team still has a chance to get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Washington, D.C. will be a tough test for the Canes as it looks to win the ACC tournament. Miami will likely receive a double bye into the quarterfinal round, as Louisville will not be competing.

The Canes have been flawless in neutral-site games after dominating the Puerto Rico tournament, where it beat currently-ranked Utah and Butler.

I would like to see if the Canes can surpass the accomplishments from the 2012-2013 season, when the team won both the regular season and ACC tournament and made it to the Sweet 16. This year’s team has the tools for a March Madness run and it will be Miami’s best chance yet.

Wyatt Geller

Miami coach Mark Richt nearly went through his weekly teleconference Sunday without anyone asking hi ...

I opened my eyes this morning and for the first time in a long time, maybe all season, didn’t say, “ ...

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

For the second straight week, the Miami Hurricanes were ranked No. 2 in both the Associated Press po ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami volleyball team closed out the weekend with a convincing 3-0 win at Virginia ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...