Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Miami men’s basketball possibility for March Madness run

The ACC regular-season title is at stake in the final week of regular-season play for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team. The Canes enter this week with a 12-4 mark in ACC, which is a half-game back from North Carolina and a half-game up on Virginia.

In order to win the regular season outright, the Canes must win the last two games and UNC must lose in Durham on Saturday against Duke. This is quite possible if you ask me.

If Miami wins out and UNC beats Duke, then they share the ACC regular-season title.

Packed in one of the best conferences in the country, the Canes have been able to come up with signature wins against Virginia, Duke and Louisville. They have been virtually unstoppable at home going undefeated in the ACC at the BankUnited Center.

Senior Day against Louisville brought out the loudest crowd of the year and a resume booster for the Canes, as the team still has a chance to get a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Washington, D.C. will be a tough test for the Canes as it looks to win the ACC tournament. Miami will likely receive a double bye into the quarterfinal round, as Louisville will not be competing.

The Canes have been flawless in neutral-site games after dominating the Puerto Rico tournament, where it beat currently-ranked Utah and Butler.

I would like to see if the Canes can surpass the accomplishments from the 2012-2013 season, when the team won both the regular season and ACC tournament and made it to the Sweet 16. This year’s team has the tools for a March Madness run and it will be Miami’s best chance yet.

Wyatt Geller

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...