Edge, Food

Food Network stars inspire dishes at local restaurants

Whether it’s your age or budget that’s keeping you from going to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival this year, there are still other options to get a taste of dishes from Food Network stars. Here are eight restaurants to try as an alternative way to partake in this weekend’s culinary festivities.

Bobby’s Burger Palace

Just a few metro stops from campus or a quick trip on the Hurry ‘Cane shuttle during the weekends, this spot at Dadeland Mall is inspired by Food Network celebrity chef Bobby Flay, offering burgers, fries and milkshakes. The variety of burgers on the menu can be made with Angus beef, ground turkey or whole chicken breast. Selections include the Dallas burger, featuring a spice-crusted burger topped with coleslaw, Monterey Jack cheese, pickles and BBQ sauce; the Brunch burger, topped with smoked bacon, American cheese and fried eggs; and the Miami burger, pressed with ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and mayo. All burgers can be “crunchified” – topped with crispy potato chips – for free. For those not ordering meat, the menu’s grilled cheese combines American, Swiss, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses with tomatoes.

Bobby’s Burger Palace is located at 7535 N. Kendall Drive in Miami.

Eating House

This hot spot in Coral Gables serves a variety of locally sourced meals in an artsy environment. Locals’ favorites include pancakes topped with homemade granola and condensed milk along with mimosas for brunch, chicken and waffles for lunch and an assortment of risotto, scallops and pasta for dinner. The tasty cuisine coming from the kitchen is the work of “Chopped” winner Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli.

Eating House is located at 804 Ponce De Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables.

11th Street Diner

If you’ll already be in South Beach this weekend, this 24-hour retro diner, which was featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” is the place to get all your comfort-food favorites. The menu offers Guy Fieri’s recommended pork chops, Argentinian skirt steak, pulled-pork sandwiches, burgers and French toast, all served in the restored railroad-style car.

11th Street Diner is located at 1065 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.

Latin House Burger and Taco Bar

Another eatery featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” Latin House puts a spin on Mexican dishes. A menu specialty is the Chimi Burrito, a jumbo tortilla filled with yellow rice, three cheeses, sweet plantains and a protein of choice. It’s rolled and flash-fried, topped with pico de gallo, avocado-lime sauce and cream Mexicana, all for $12.99. Lunch deals include two tacos and chips for $7.99, a rice bowl for $8.99 or “sneaky nachos” topped with cheese, pico, cream and avocado for $8.99.

Latin House Burger and Taco Bar is located at 9565 S.W. 72nd St. in Miami.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user Unsplash.

Emily Dabau

Happy Thanksgiving! I started this while I was sitting in Washington-Dulles Airport awaiting my seco ...

This is how extraordinary the University of Miami football season has been: When the Hurricanes won ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes nuggets on Thanksgiving: • There’s no doubt that UM’s home field advantage ...

You’ve got to expect the Las Vegas sportsbooks to come strong and smart with two days of Florida col ...

Here’s why UM moving up to No. 2 in the CFP poll was important, for reasons that extend beyond Canes ...

At the entrance of the University of Miami’s Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic S ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

Here are three matchups to watch as the No. 2 Hurricanes face Pitt with a chance to finish the regul ...

The tournament will be played in Southern California next November 22, 23 and 25. ...

Dewan Huell scored a career-high 16 points as the Canes defeated La Salle in Reading, Pa. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team had to break a 10-year-old record to overcome sturdy Georgia ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...