Edge, Food

Food Network stars inspire dishes at local restaurants

Whether it’s your age or budget that’s keeping you from going to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival this year, there are still other options to get a taste of dishes from Food Network stars. Here are eight restaurants to try as an alternative way to partake in this weekend’s culinary festivities.

Bobby’s Burger Palace

Just a few metro stops from campus or a quick trip on the Hurry ‘Cane shuttle during the weekends, this spot at Dadeland Mall is inspired by Food Network celebrity chef Bobby Flay, offering burgers, fries and milkshakes. The variety of burgers on the menu can be made with Angus beef, ground turkey or whole chicken breast. Selections include the Dallas burger, featuring a spice-crusted burger topped with coleslaw, Monterey Jack cheese, pickles and BBQ sauce; the Brunch burger, topped with smoked bacon, American cheese and fried eggs; and the Miami burger, pressed with ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and mayo. All burgers can be “crunchified” – topped with crispy potato chips – for free. For those not ordering meat, the menu’s grilled cheese combines American, Swiss, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses with tomatoes.

Bobby’s Burger Palace is located at 7535 N. Kendall Drive in Miami.

Eating House

This hot spot in Coral Gables serves a variety of locally sourced meals in an artsy environment. Locals’ favorites include pancakes topped with homemade granola and condensed milk along with mimosas for brunch, chicken and waffles for lunch and an assortment of risotto, scallops and pasta for dinner. The tasty cuisine coming from the kitchen is the work of “Chopped” winner Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli.

Eating House is located at 804 Ponce De Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables.

11th Street Diner

If you’ll already be in South Beach this weekend, this 24-hour retro diner, which was featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” is the place to get all your comfort-food favorites. The menu offers Guy Fieri’s recommended pork chops, Argentinian skirt steak, pulled-pork sandwiches, burgers and French toast, all served in the restored railroad-style car.

11th Street Diner is located at 1065 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.

Latin House Burger and Taco Bar

Another eatery featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” Latin House puts a spin on Mexican dishes. A menu specialty is the Chimi Burrito, a jumbo tortilla filled with yellow rice, three cheeses, sweet plantains and a protein of choice. It’s rolled and flash-fried, topped with pico de gallo, avocado-lime sauce and cream Mexicana, all for $12.99. Lunch deals include two tacos and chips for $7.99, a rice bowl for $8.99 or “sneaky nachos” topped with cheese, pico, cream and avocado for $8.99.

Latin House Burger and Taco Bar is located at 9565 S.W. 72nd St. in Miami.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user Unsplash.

Emily Dabau

The king has been dethroned. The University of Miami’s often painful uphill journey came crashing to ...

University of Miami tennis player Estela Perez-Somarriba, who made history on Sunday as the first fr ...

The University of Miami baseball team isn’t used to straddling the fence when it comes to being invi ...

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team forced a third set in the NCAA Singles ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...