Edge, Food

Food Network stars inspire dishes at local restaurants

Whether it’s your age or budget that’s keeping you from going to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival this year, there are still other options to get a taste of dishes from Food Network stars. Here are eight restaurants to try as an alternative way to partake in this weekend’s culinary festivities.

Bobby’s Burger Palace

Just a few metro stops from campus or a quick trip on the Hurry ‘Cane shuttle during the weekends, this spot at Dadeland Mall is inspired by Food Network celebrity chef Bobby Flay, offering burgers, fries and milkshakes. The variety of burgers on the menu can be made with Angus beef, ground turkey or whole chicken breast. Selections include the Dallas burger, featuring a spice-crusted burger topped with coleslaw, Monterey Jack cheese, pickles and BBQ sauce; the Brunch burger, topped with smoked bacon, American cheese and fried eggs; and the Miami burger, pressed with ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, mustard and mayo. All burgers can be “crunchified” – topped with crispy potato chips – for free. For those not ordering meat, the menu’s grilled cheese combines American, Swiss, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses with tomatoes.

Bobby’s Burger Palace is located at 7535 N. Kendall Drive in Miami.

Eating House

This hot spot in Coral Gables serves a variety of locally sourced meals in an artsy environment. Locals’ favorites include pancakes topped with homemade granola and condensed milk along with mimosas for brunch, chicken and waffles for lunch and an assortment of risotto, scallops and pasta for dinner. The tasty cuisine coming from the kitchen is the work of “Chopped” winner Chef Giorgio Rapicavoli.

Eating House is located at 804 Ponce De Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables.

11th Street Diner

If you’ll already be in South Beach this weekend, this 24-hour retro diner, which was featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” is the place to get all your comfort-food favorites. The menu offers Guy Fieri’s recommended pork chops, Argentinian skirt steak, pulled-pork sandwiches, burgers and French toast, all served in the restored railroad-style car.

11th Street Diner is located at 1065 Washington Ave. in Miami Beach.

Latin House Burger and Taco Bar

Another eatery featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives,” Latin House puts a spin on Mexican dishes. A menu specialty is the Chimi Burrito, a jumbo tortilla filled with yellow rice, three cheeses, sweet plantains and a protein of choice. It’s rolled and flash-fried, topped with pico de gallo, avocado-lime sauce and cream Mexicana, all for $12.99. Lunch deals include two tacos and chips for $7.99, a rice bowl for $8.99 or “sneaky nachos” topped with cheese, pico, cream and avocado for $8.99.

Latin House Burger and Taco Bar is located at 9565 S.W. 72nd St. in Miami.

Feature photo courtesy Pixabay user Unsplash.

About Author

Emily Dabau

Last year the rain fell in torrents. Wednesday was all scorching sunshine. Fifteen former Miami Hurr ...

See phtos from the University of Miami's annual Pro Day, where outgoing UM players perform for ...

Quarterback Brad Kaaya ambled out of the Schwartz Center for Athletic Excellence close to 3 p.m. Wed ...

A woman has accused NFL Hall of Famer and former University of Miami star wide receiver Michael Irvi ...

Today is special for 15 former Hurricanes football players from the University of Miami. It’s Pro Da ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

At The Net with Piotr Lomacki ...

The University of Miami men's basketball team will face Princeton on Dec. 2 in the Naismith Mem ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete at two of the top outdoor meets in the Uni ...

What's Pro Day like at The U? We followed along from start to finish to find out. ...

Greg Veliz delivered a sparkling performance on the hill, but Miami fell to No. 12 FGCU 3-0. ...