Edge Briefs 2/25: Oscars Week, Roll Your Own Sushi, Dave Coulier

Oscars Week

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) will hold a variety of Oscar-related events as they co-host CAC’s Week of Film Appreciation with Hurricane Productions. Cosford Cinema will screen nominated films such as “The Danish Girl,” “Spotlight” and “The Revenant.” On Feb. 28, there will be a live-streaming of the Oscars beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the Shalala Student Center ballrooms. Mocktails, snacks and desserts will be served. For screening times and more information, visit cosfordcinema.com.

Roll Your Own Sushi

If you love eating sushi, here’s your chance to learn how to make it. Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board will be hosting an event for anyone wishing to learn the art of rolling sushi. The 101 experience will be held at the Rat on Thursday from 5-7 p.m.

Dave Coulier

Mark your calendars for the visit of actor, stand-up comedian and impressionist Dave Coulier, known for his role as Uncle Joey in “Full House.” Coulier will be visiting the University of Miami on March 16 as part of his Cut it Out College Tour. Daytime Programming and CAC will be hosting Coulier at the Rat from 7:30-8:30 p.m.

Emily Dabau

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...