Edge Briefs 2/25: Oscars Week, Roll Your Own Sushi, Dave Coulier

Oscars Week

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) will hold a variety of Oscar-related events as they co-host CAC’s Week of Film Appreciation with Hurricane Productions. Cosford Cinema will screen nominated films such as “The Danish Girl,” “Spotlight” and “The Revenant.” On Feb. 28, there will be a live-streaming of the Oscars beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the Shalala Student Center ballrooms. Mocktails, snacks and desserts will be served. For screening times and more information, visit cosfordcinema.com.

Roll Your Own Sushi

If you love eating sushi, here’s your chance to learn how to make it. Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board will be hosting an event for anyone wishing to learn the art of rolling sushi. The 101 experience will be held at the Rat on Thursday from 5-7 p.m.

Dave Coulier

Mark your calendars for the visit of actor, stand-up comedian and impressionist Dave Coulier, known for his role as Uncle Joey in “Full House.” Coulier will be visiting the University of Miami on March 16 as part of his Cut it Out College Tour. Daytime Programming and CAC will be hosting Coulier at the Rat from 7:30-8:30 p.m.

Emily Dabau

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...