Edge Briefs 2/25: Oscars Week, Roll Your Own Sushi, Dave Coulier

Oscars Week

The Cinematic Arts Commission (CAC) will hold a variety of Oscar-related events as they co-host CAC’s Week of Film Appreciation with Hurricane Productions. Cosford Cinema will screen nominated films such as “The Danish Girl,” “Spotlight” and “The Revenant.” On Feb. 28, there will be a live-streaming of the Oscars beginning at 7:30 p.m. in the Shalala Student Center ballrooms. Mocktails, snacks and desserts will be served. For screening times and more information, visit cosfordcinema.com.

Roll Your Own Sushi

If you love eating sushi, here’s your chance to learn how to make it. Hurricane Productions and the Rathskeller Advisory Board will be hosting an event for anyone wishing to learn the art of rolling sushi. The 101 experience will be held at the Rat on Thursday from 5-7 p.m.

Dave Coulier

Mark your calendars for the visit of actor, stand-up comedian and impressionist Dave Coulier, known for his role as Uncle Joey in “Full House.” Coulier will be visiting the University of Miami on March 16 as part of his Cut it Out College Tour. Daytime Programming and CAC will be hosting Coulier at the Rat from 7:30-8:30 p.m.

Emily Dabau

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...