Edge, Food

5 local restaurants offer diverse tastes

SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables
A little on the pricey side, this pick boasts Japanese-Brazilian fusions and tasty tapas. The Coral Gables location sits just off of Miracle Mile in the Westin Colonnade hotel. Since this spot is far from South Beach, you won’t see the crowds of the Lincoln Road location and you won’t need reservations. The best small plate is the crispy yellowtail taquitos topped with a spicy aji panca foam. Finish with a few rolls: Samba Coral Gables, El Topo, Sao Paolo, Hamapeno and Viva Samba, which are the fan favorites.

SUSHISAMBA is located at 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Swine 
If you’re looking for revamped southern comfort, choose Swine Southern Table & Bar. Just off of Miracle Mile, this pick has a rustic atmosphere and a menu that’s generous with bacon. You may be tempted to get one of everything, but if you don’t order the angus burnt ends or the green apple brussels, you’re missing out. Finish off the night with the toffee-and-bourbon cinnamon roll if you can spare another bite.

Swine Southern Table & Bar is located at 2415 Ponce De Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables.

Threefold Cafe
For brunch, you can’t beat Threefold. This unassuming spot off of Miracle Mile boasts healthy fare like avocado toast and granola as well as decadent pancakes and French toast. The mason jars and floral arrangements make it Pinterest-worthy.

Threefold Cafe is located at 141 Giralda Ave. in Coral Gables

Buns & Buns
Located just a few minutes from campus on Sunset Drive, this rustic gastropub is affordable and great for friends. Sit down to steampunk decor and a big-screen TV while you watch the chef cook in an open-concept kitchen. As the name suggests, this pick is great for bread lovers. The steamed pork belly buns are the best thing on the menu and the cheesy spinach poofs are a close second.

Buns & Buns is located at 5748 Sunset Drive in South Miami.

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge
Right down the road in Merrick Park, Sawa is the perfect place for an outdoor date. Sit in the open-air lounge and try their flavored hookah. The food is Japanese-Mediterranean fusion, so you can order anything from sushi to baba ganoush. The two top dishes are ham croquettes and Asian-glazed baby back ribs. If you’re a coffee drinker, they have the best cortadito in the Gables.

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge is located at 360 San Lorenzo Ave. #1500 in Coral Gables.

Haley Walker

Football season is nearly upon us. The University of Miami’s 2017 fall camp opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday ...

In an age in which committing once to a college football program isn’t always enough for fans and co ...

A six-pack of Canes notes: • It’s just different at UM – the camaraderie, the brotherhood, the desir ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt’s spin through the ESPN Car Wash on Tuesday began with ...

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...