Edge, Food

5 local restaurants offer diverse tastes

SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables
A little on the pricey side, this pick boasts Japanese-Brazilian fusions and tasty tapas. The Coral Gables location sits just off of Miracle Mile in the Westin Colonnade hotel. Since this spot is far from South Beach, you won’t see the crowds of the Lincoln Road location and you won’t need reservations. The best small plate is the crispy yellowtail taquitos topped with a spicy aji panca foam. Finish with a few rolls: Samba Coral Gables, El Topo, Sao Paolo, Hamapeno and Viva Samba, which are the fan favorites.

SUSHISAMBA is located at 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Swine 
If you’re looking for revamped southern comfort, choose Swine Southern Table & Bar. Just off of Miracle Mile, this pick has a rustic atmosphere and a menu that’s generous with bacon. You may be tempted to get one of everything, but if you don’t order the angus burnt ends or the green apple brussels, you’re missing out. Finish off the night with the toffee-and-bourbon cinnamon roll if you can spare another bite.

Swine Southern Table & Bar is located at 2415 Ponce De Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables.

Threefold Cafe
For brunch, you can’t beat Threefold. This unassuming spot off of Miracle Mile boasts healthy fare like avocado toast and granola as well as decadent pancakes and French toast. The mason jars and floral arrangements make it Pinterest-worthy.

Threefold Cafe is located at 141 Giralda Ave. in Coral Gables

Buns & Buns
Located just a few minutes from campus on Sunset Drive, this rustic gastropub is affordable and great for friends. Sit down to steampunk decor and a big-screen TV while you watch the chef cook in an open-concept kitchen. As the name suggests, this pick is great for bread lovers. The steamed pork belly buns are the best thing on the menu and the cheesy spinach poofs are a close second.

Buns & Buns is located at 5748 Sunset Drive in South Miami.

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge
Right down the road in Merrick Park, Sawa is the perfect place for an outdoor date. Sit in the open-air lounge and try their flavored hookah. The food is Japanese-Mediterranean fusion, so you can order anything from sushi to baba ganoush. The two top dishes are ham croquettes and Asian-glazed baby back ribs. If you’re a coffee drinker, they have the best cortadito in the Gables.

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge is located at 360 San Lorenzo Ave. #1500 in Coral Gables.

Haley Walker

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...