Edge, Food

5 local restaurants offer diverse tastes

SUSHISAMBA Coral Gables
A little on the pricey side, this pick boasts Japanese-Brazilian fusions and tasty tapas. The Coral Gables location sits just off of Miracle Mile in the Westin Colonnade hotel. Since this spot is far from South Beach, you won’t see the crowds of the Lincoln Road location and you won’t need reservations. The best small plate is the crispy yellowtail taquitos topped with a spicy aji panca foam. Finish with a few rolls: Samba Coral Gables, El Topo, Sao Paolo, Hamapeno and Viva Samba, which are the fan favorites.

SUSHISAMBA is located at 180 Aragon Ave. in Coral Gables.

Swine 
If you’re looking for revamped southern comfort, choose Swine Southern Table & Bar. Just off of Miracle Mile, this pick has a rustic atmosphere and a menu that’s generous with bacon. You may be tempted to get one of everything, but if you don’t order the angus burnt ends or the green apple brussels, you’re missing out. Finish off the night with the toffee-and-bourbon cinnamon roll if you can spare another bite.

Swine Southern Table & Bar is located at 2415 Ponce De Leon Blvd. in Coral Gables.

Threefold Cafe
For brunch, you can’t beat Threefold. This unassuming spot off of Miracle Mile boasts healthy fare like avocado toast and granola as well as decadent pancakes and French toast. The mason jars and floral arrangements make it Pinterest-worthy.

Threefold Cafe is located at 141 Giralda Ave. in Coral Gables

Buns & Buns
Located just a few minutes from campus on Sunset Drive, this rustic gastropub is affordable and great for friends. Sit down to steampunk decor and a big-screen TV while you watch the chef cook in an open-concept kitchen. As the name suggests, this pick is great for bread lovers. The steamed pork belly buns are the best thing on the menu and the cheesy spinach poofs are a close second.

Buns & Buns is located at 5748 Sunset Drive in South Miami.

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge
Right down the road in Merrick Park, Sawa is the perfect place for an outdoor date. Sit in the open-air lounge and try their flavored hookah. The food is Japanese-Mediterranean fusion, so you can order anything from sushi to baba ganoush. The two top dishes are ham croquettes and Asian-glazed baby back ribs. If you’re a coffee drinker, they have the best cortadito in the Gables.

Sawa Restaurant & Lounge is located at 360 San Lorenzo Ave. #1500 in Coral Gables.

Haley Walker

You’ve got to expect the Las Vegas sportsbooks to come strong and smart with two days of Florida col ...

Here’s why UM moving up to No. 2 in the CFP poll was important, for reasons that extend beyond Canes ...

You think you’ve got a lot of cooking to do to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner? Imagine how busy the ...

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

At the entrance of the University of Miami’s Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic S ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

Dewan Huell scored a career-high 16 points as the Canes defeated La Salle in Reading, Pa. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team had to break a 10-year-old record to overcome sturdy Georgia ...

Here are three matchups to watch as the No. 2 Hurricanes face Pitt with a chance to finish the regul ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

The Miami women's basketball team's annual Miami Thanksgiving Tournament begins Friday at ...