Campus Life, National News, News

Lottery announced for on-campus Republican Primary Debate

Students will be able to enter a lottery to win tickets to the March 10th CNN Republican Primary Debate on campus, the University of Miami announced in an email sent to students on Thursday afternoon. The deadline to enter the lottery is Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 11:59 p.m.

Undergraduate, graduate, law and medicine students who are in good standing can enter their name by filling out their Cane ID, password and a form at miami.edu/studenttickets. The winners will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 25 according to the email. Winners must confirm they will attend by Sunday, Feb. 28. The email emphasizes that tickets are non-transferable, meaning lottery winners cannot sell or gift their tickets to someone else. If winners cannot attend, new names will be selected for the ticket from the entries.

The process is exclusively for students. Any questions about the process can be directed to the Department of Student Activities at 305-284-6399 or at student-activities@miami.edu.

Featured image courtesy flickr user Peter Stevens

William Riggin

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

Some UM football nuggets on a Friday: • Evan Shirreffs is an amiable, well-mannered, studious young ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...

Due to anticipated inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and ...

Shakima Wimbley and Aiyanna Stiverne punched their tickets to the 2017 NCAA Men's and Women ...

Photos from the Canes 5-2 win over Wake Forest. ...

Sixth-seeded Miami owns a spot in the ACC semifinals after rallying past third-seeded Wake Forest. ...