Campus Life, National News, News

Lottery announced for on-campus Republican Primary Debate

Students will be able to enter a lottery to win tickets to the March 10th CNN Republican Primary Debate on campus, the University of Miami announced in an email sent to students on Thursday afternoon. The deadline to enter the lottery is Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 11:59 p.m.

Undergraduate, graduate, law and medicine students who are in good standing can enter their name by filling out their Cane ID, password and a form at miami.edu/studenttickets. The winners will be announced on Thursday, Feb. 25 according to the email. Winners must confirm they will attend by Sunday, Feb. 28. The email emphasizes that tickets are non-transferable, meaning lottery winners cannot sell or gift their tickets to someone else. If winners cannot attend, new names will be selected for the ticket from the entries.

The process is exclusively for students. Any questions about the process can be directed to the Department of Student Activities at 305-284-6399 or at student-activities@miami.edu.

Featured image courtesy flickr user Peter Stevens

William Riggin

Football season is nearly upon us. The University of Miami’s 2017 fall camp opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday ...

In an age in which committing once to a college football program isn’t always enough for fans and co ...

A six-pack of Canes notes: • It’s just different at UM – the camaraderie, the brotherhood, the desir ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt’s spin through the ESPN Car Wash on Tuesday began with ...

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...