Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Center court view of Miami win over Pittsburgh

Pulling out victories can come in many different fashions, as the Miami Hurricanes were able to fend off the Pittsburgh Panthers in the closing seconds the game at the BankUnited Center, 65-63.

Pittsburgh, my hometown team led by veteran Head Coach Jamie Dixon, put up a tremendous fight on the court, never trailing by double digits. The game came down to who had the final possession, and it went to the Canes.

How the ball – after being juggled in the air and tipped around the rim after a missed three-pointer by redshirt senior Sheldon McClellan – got in the hoop with 1.4 seconds to go was not clear. It certainly appeared live that two Panthers tipped the ball in.

I got the opportunity to take in the action from center court, broadcasting the game for WVUM sports. Despite having one of the best seats in the house, I could not depict how the shot went in.

The game was something special for team captain Angel Rodriguez, someone who went through adversity to leave his home for a better life and opportunity.

He leaped behind two defenders and deflected the ball out of their reaching hands, knocking the ball home.

An interview on ESPNU capped off the Canes 19-4, 8-3 mark in the ACC as they beat Pitt by “A Touch of an Angel.”

About Author

Wyatt Geller

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...