Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Center court view of Miami win over Pittsburgh

Pulling out victories can come in many different fashions, as the Miami Hurricanes were able to fend off the Pittsburgh Panthers in the closing seconds the game at the BankUnited Center, 65-63.

Pittsburgh, my hometown team led by veteran Head Coach Jamie Dixon, put up a tremendous fight on the court, never trailing by double digits. The game came down to who had the final possession, and it went to the Canes.

How the ball – after being juggled in the air and tipped around the rim after a missed three-pointer by redshirt senior Sheldon McClellan – got in the hoop with 1.4 seconds to go was not clear. It certainly appeared live that two Panthers tipped the ball in.

I got the opportunity to take in the action from center court, broadcasting the game for WVUM sports. Despite having one of the best seats in the house, I could not depict how the shot went in.

The game was something special for team captain Angel Rodriguez, someone who went through adversity to leave his home for a better life and opportunity.

He leaped behind two defenders and deflected the ball out of their reaching hands, knocking the ball home.

An interview on ESPNU capped off the Canes 19-4, 8-3 mark in the ACC as they beat Pitt by “A Touch of an Angel.”

Wyatt Geller

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...