Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: International Week, Week of Cuban Culture

COISO International Week

A bill was passed approving funding for International Week, presented by the Council of International Students Organizations.

International Week runs through April 4-8. According to their website, “It is the culmination of diversity at the University of Miami campus, as this week-long fun and educational celebration provides international students and cultural organizations with an opportunity to share their culture with the University of Miami community, celebrating one region of the world one day at a time.”

FEC Week of Cuban Culture

Senate passed a bill funding the Federation de Estudiantes Cubanos “Week of Cuban Culture.”

This event will run from February 26 to March 3. FEC President Daniela Lorenzo said the week will feature Cuban food, Cuban coffee and cultural events.

Notes:

• FEC’s Anti-Valentine’s Day bake sale will be held tomorrow, February 11, on the Rock.
  • The Ms. UM application is due Friday at midnight and the Orientation Fellow application is due Monday at 5 p.m. Both can be found on the OrgSync webpage.

About Author

Jorge Chabo

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...