Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: International Week, Week of Cuban Culture

COISO International Week

A bill was passed approving funding for International Week, presented by the Council of International Students Organizations.

International Week runs through April 4-8. According to their website, “It is the culmination of diversity at the University of Miami campus, as this week-long fun and educational celebration provides international students and cultural organizations with an opportunity to share their culture with the University of Miami community, celebrating one region of the world one day at a time.”

FEC Week of Cuban Culture

Senate passed a bill funding the Federation de Estudiantes Cubanos “Week of Cuban Culture.”

This event will run from February 26 to March 3. FEC President Daniela Lorenzo said the week will feature Cuban food, Cuban coffee and cultural events.

Notes:

• FEC’s Anti-Valentine’s Day bake sale will be held tomorrow, February 11, on the Rock.
  • The Ms. UM application is due Friday at midnight and the Orientation Fellow application is due Monday at 5 p.m. Both can be found on the OrgSync webpage.

Jorge Chabo

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...