Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government

Senate Recap: International Week, Week of Cuban Culture

COISO International Week

A bill was passed approving funding for International Week, presented by the Council of International Students Organizations.

International Week runs through April 4-8. According to their website, “It is the culmination of diversity at the University of Miami campus, as this week-long fun and educational celebration provides international students and cultural organizations with an opportunity to share their culture with the University of Miami community, celebrating one region of the world one day at a time.”

FEC Week of Cuban Culture

Senate passed a bill funding the Federation de Estudiantes Cubanos “Week of Cuban Culture.”

This event will run from February 26 to March 3. FEC President Daniela Lorenzo said the week will feature Cuban food, Cuban coffee and cultural events.

Notes:

• FEC’s Anti-Valentine’s Day bake sale will be held tomorrow, February 11, on the Rock.
  • The Ms. UM application is due Friday at midnight and the Orientation Fellow application is due Monday at 5 p.m. Both can be found on the OrgSync webpage.

Jorge Chabo

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...