Edge Briefs 2/8: Anti-Valentine’s Day, UProv show, “For the Record” release party

Anti-Valentine’s Day

If you’re over the gushiness, join the Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday on the Rock for Anti-Valentine’s Day activities. The event will feature baked goods (made without love), heartbreaking henna, a chance to X your ex and pie-ing Cupid in the face.

UProv Show

As Feb. 14 approaches, join the University of Miami improv team, UProv, for some pre-Valentine’s Day laughs. The group will be performing a variety of comical sketches in the Shalala Student Center Activities Room South beginning at 8 p.m. on Thursday.

‘For the Record’ Release Party

‘Cane Records, one of the first student-run record labels at UM, will bring together a variety of musical talent Friday night at the Rat. From 6-8 p.m., listen to live music from this year’s artists at the “For the Record” release party while enjoying food and drinks.

Emily Dabau may be contacted at edge@themiamihurricane.com.

Emily Dabau

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

Miami women's basketball notched an impressive 77-62 triumph Sunday at Virginia, giving head co ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – No. 24 Miami raced out to an early lead but could not finish off a weekend swee ...

Freshman first baseman Alex Toral recorded his first home run as a Hurricane, and No. 24 Miami held ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming & diving team saved its best for last, finishing off the ACC Swimm ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...