Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government, Uncategorized

Senate Recap: New delivery app, Lunar New Year, Black Awareness Month

Delivery App on Campus

Favor, a food-delivery service, presented their mobile application by detailing the function of the food-oriented service.

With Favor, students are able to order food from both on and off-campus locations and have their order delivered to them on campus. Deliveries are made to all locations on campus, excluding classrooms. The service also fills requests such as picking up items from CVS.

Each delivery costs $3 for on-campus food orders and $6 for off-campus orders. The first order is free.

Lunar New Year and Black Awareness Month

The “Lunar New Year,” an on-campus event led by the Chinese Students and Scholars Association and the Asian American Students Association, presented a bill to the senate requesting funding for their events. The funds requested would be used to pay performers and several food items for the event.

United Black Students also presented a bill requesting funds for the 13 events during “Black Awareness Month” at UM. The funding would go toward events not covered by their original budget from the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee.

Notes

• Sunday is the last day to send out your C-number and flavor name for the UMiami Coca-Cola Soda.
  • Students who are still waiting for their free Metro Pass can expect an email sometime next week.
  • Two amendments were passed for the addition of a new position in SGA: Deputy Director of Communication. The new position will aid the Director of Communication with various tasks concerning Student Government public relations.

Jorge Chabo

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

How’s your landscaping after Hurricane Irma? Did you get it cleaned up (and replaced) as fast as the ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — The coach of University of Miami’s next opponent, one of the youngest college foo ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clear Sunday, just minutes after stepping foot ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

With Hurricane Irma past them, the Hurricanes are fully focused on their matchup against Toledo on S ...

View some of the best images from the Miami women's tennis team's picture day in advance o ...

The men's cross country team moved up one spot to No. 14 in the South Region in the NCAA Divisi ...

Following a stretch of 17 days without a match due to Hurricane Irma, the Miami soccer team will be ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will have its fall season opener delayed by a week. ...