Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government, Uncategorized

Senate Recap: New delivery app, Lunar New Year, Black Awareness Month

Delivery App on Campus

Favor, a food-delivery service, presented their mobile application by detailing the function of the food-oriented service.

With Favor, students are able to order food from both on and off-campus locations and have their order delivered to them on campus. Deliveries are made to all locations on campus, excluding classrooms. The service also fills requests such as picking up items from CVS.

Each delivery costs $3 for on-campus food orders and $6 for off-campus orders. The first order is free.

Lunar New Year and Black Awareness Month

The “Lunar New Year,” an on-campus event led by the Chinese Students and Scholars Association and the Asian American Students Association, presented a bill to the senate requesting funding for their events. The funds requested would be used to pay performers and several food items for the event.

United Black Students also presented a bill requesting funds for the 13 events during “Black Awareness Month” at UM. The funding would go toward events not covered by their original budget from the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee.

Notes

• Sunday is the last day to send out your C-number and flavor name for the UMiami Coca-Cola Soda.
  • Students who are still waiting for their free Metro Pass can expect an email sometime next week.
  • Two amendments were passed for the addition of a new position in SGA: Deputy Director of Communication. The new position will aid the Director of Communication with various tasks concerning Student Government public relations.

Jorge Chabo

You’ve got to expect the Las Vegas sportsbooks to come strong and smart with two days of Florida col ...

Here’s why UM moving up to No. 2 in the CFP poll was important, for reasons that extend beyond Canes ...

You think you’ve got a lot of cooking to do to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner? Imagine how busy the ...

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

At the entrance of the University of Miami’s Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic S ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

Dewan Huell scored a career-high 16 points as the Canes defeated La Salle in Reading, Pa. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team had to break a 10-year-old record to overcome sturdy Georgia ...

Here are three matchups to watch as the No. 2 Hurricanes face Pitt with a chance to finish the regul ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

The Miami women's basketball team's annual Miami Thanksgiving Tournament begins Friday at ...