Campus Life, News, Senate Recap, Student Government, Uncategorized

Senate Recap: New delivery app, Lunar New Year, Black Awareness Month

Delivery App on Campus

Favor, a food-delivery service, presented their mobile application by detailing the function of the food-oriented service.

With Favor, students are able to order food from both on and off-campus locations and have their order delivered to them on campus. Deliveries are made to all locations on campus, excluding classrooms. The service also fills requests such as picking up items from CVS.

Each delivery costs $3 for on-campus food orders and $6 for off-campus orders. The first order is free.

Lunar New Year and Black Awareness Month

The “Lunar New Year,” an on-campus event led by the Chinese Students and Scholars Association and the Asian American Students Association, presented a bill to the senate requesting funding for their events. The funds requested would be used to pay performers and several food items for the event.

United Black Students also presented a bill requesting funds for the 13 events during “Black Awareness Month” at UM. The funding would go toward events not covered by their original budget from the Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee.

Notes

• Sunday is the last day to send out your C-number and flavor name for the UMiami Coca-Cola Soda.
  • Students who are still waiting for their free Metro Pass can expect an email sometime next week.
  • Two amendments were passed for the addition of a new position in SGA: Deputy Director of Communication. The new position will aid the Director of Communication with various tasks concerning Student Government public relations.

Jorge Chabo

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

UMIAMIFL also outperformed two key S&P benchmarks by more than nine percent. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...