Dear V

Dear V: When Hairy met Sally

I’ve started seeing a new guy. Things are great between us so far. We’ve hooked up a few times and are really into each other. My friends have even started teasing us when we hang out by saying that we’re too goo-goo over one another to pay attention to what’s around us.

Thing is, I can tell something’s bothering him in the bedroom. He doesn’t seem to want to, er, “head south,” if you know what I mean, because I don’t shave. He hasn’t said it directly, but he has hinted at it a few times. At one point he even said he doesn’t like to “dig through the jungle.”

I understand not enjoying body hair, but I absolutely hate shaving. I feel like it makes me look too young. How do I convince my new guy that there’s no reason to be scared of a little hair?

Sincerely,

Much ado about Pubes

Dear Much ado about Pubes,

I hate to break it to you, but it’s not always about what you want in the bedroom.

I’m not saying a guy should ever tell you what to do with your own body; rather, that this is simply a matter of trimming the hedges, not going scorched earth on your nether-regions.

Don’t make a mountain out of a fuzzy molehill.

A little upkeep every now and then is a compromise for both of you. Just snip it down a bit, preventing the need to shave. Or, have a little fun with your locks. Shave the sides and shape it into a smiley-face, triangle, landing strip, you name it – even the shape of a V (hey, that’s me).

Heck, why not get festive and shape a heart down there just in time for Valentine’s Day?

It’s up to you – you don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to. But don’t expect him to part the tangled sea if he’s not feelin’ it either. He also doesn’t have to do anything he’s not into.

While considering getting a new ‘do, don’t forget that it’s ridiculous if he expects you to be as bare as a baby’s bottom every time you link up. However, if he just asks for things to be tidy, it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle for you to reach a compromise with him and break out the hedge trimmers.

While you’re at it, make sure he’s keeping things nice and orderly too. You wouldn’t want to miss the forest for the trees – that is to say, don’t get so wrapped up in maintaining your lady bits that you forget to make sure he’s mowing the lawn in a way that you like, too.

-V

About Author

V Advice Columnist

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 11th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...