Dear V

Dear V: When Hairy met Sally

I’ve started seeing a new guy. Things are great between us so far. We’ve hooked up a few times and are really into each other. My friends have even started teasing us when we hang out by saying that we’re too goo-goo over one another to pay attention to what’s around us.

Thing is, I can tell something’s bothering him in the bedroom. He doesn’t seem to want to, er, “head south,” if you know what I mean, because I don’t shave. He hasn’t said it directly, but he has hinted at it a few times. At one point he even said he doesn’t like to “dig through the jungle.”

I understand not enjoying body hair, but I absolutely hate shaving. I feel like it makes me look too young. How do I convince my new guy that there’s no reason to be scared of a little hair?

Sincerely,

Much ado about Pubes

Dear Much ado about Pubes,

I hate to break it to you, but it’s not always about what you want in the bedroom.

I’m not saying a guy should ever tell you what to do with your own body; rather, that this is simply a matter of trimming the hedges, not going scorched earth on your nether-regions.

Don’t make a mountain out of a fuzzy molehill.

A little upkeep every now and then is a compromise for both of you. Just snip it down a bit, preventing the need to shave. Or, have a little fun with your locks. Shave the sides and shape it into a smiley-face, triangle, landing strip, you name it – even the shape of a V (hey, that’s me).

Heck, why not get festive and shape a heart down there just in time for Valentine’s Day?

It’s up to you – you don’t have to do anything if you don’t want to. But don’t expect him to part the tangled sea if he’s not feelin’ it either. He also doesn’t have to do anything he’s not into.

While considering getting a new ‘do, don’t forget that it’s ridiculous if he expects you to be as bare as a baby’s bottom every time you link up. However, if he just asks for things to be tidy, it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle for you to reach a compromise with him and break out the hedge trimmers.

While you’re at it, make sure he’s keeping things nice and orderly too. You wouldn’t want to miss the forest for the trees – that is to say, don’t get so wrapped up in maintaining your lady bits that you forget to make sure he’s mowing the lawn in a way that you like, too.

-V

Advice Columnist

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

It was obvious before tipoff that the University of Miami game against No. 5 Duke was no ordinary Hu ...

Miami Hurricanes backup quarterback Evan Shirreffs announced Monday on Twitter that he will transfer ...

Here’s one of the many neat things about the UM football program, a tradition that has carried on fo ...

Clemson coach Brad Brownell had a simple plan at the only practice before facing No. 18 Miami — don ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

UM launches three cyber security certificate programs to equip professionals for the growing employm ...

The second annual Big Data Conference and Workshop hosted by UM Center for Computational Science enc ...

Now in its 67th year, the Beaux Arts Festival will move to the Foote University Green. ...

Freshman jumper Hasani Knight was named ACC Men's Field Performer of the Week. ...

MIami volleyball signee Chloe Brown was named the 2017-18 Gatorade Oregon Volleyball Player of the Y ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team will play the first of two home games in a 31-d ...

Lonnie Walker IV scored 19 points, but it wasn't enough as the Canes fell to the Blue Devils at ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Clemson behind a career-high 19 point ...