Cross Country/Track and Field, Sports

Sports Briefs 1/21

Shakima Wimbley was named the ACC Women’s Track Performer of the Week on Tuesday after the junior won both of her events in the Nittany Lion Challenge held at Penn State over the weekend. Wimbley won the 200m race with a time of 23.33 seconds, just one-hundredth of a second shy of the meet record. Wimbley was also part of Miami’s women’s 4x400m relay team that finished first with a time of 3:42.11.

The University of Miami is hosting its second annual Celebration of Women’s Athletics on Jan. 24. The event will begin President Julio Frenk’s inauguration week. The celebration will include a brunch followed by the women’s basketball team taking on rival Florida State at the BankUnited Center at 1 p.m. The event was created to honor the legacy of female athletes at UM. Female student athletes who have excelled both on and off the court will be honored during the lunch.

Mark Singer

Tej Joshi

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...