Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola

UM Dining Services has partnered with Coca-Cola for new drink

Student Government President Brianna Hathaway announced UM’s new partnership with Coca-Cola to create a flavored drink specifically for the University of Miami. The soda is a mix of Vanilla Sprite and Orange Fanta and is expected to be available at the customizable flavor soda stations on campus, like the one at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill in the University Center.

Students will have a chance to give the new drink a name. To submit a name, text your C-number and your original name for the flavor to the SG hotline at 786-708-9969. The submission entry is open until Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m.

Three potential finalists will be chosen from the names submitted based on “creativity, consumer appeal and straightforwardness of the name” according to an SG Facebook event page for the competition. The winner will be awarded $500 and the other two finalists will each be awarded $100.

Notes

• Dining hall hours have been extended to 9:30 p.m. on weekdays.

• There will be a screening of Selma Thursday night at 7 p.m. as a part of Martin Luther King Jr. Week.

• The Wellness Center will be holding a Battleship tournament on Friday at 6 p.m. at the indoor pool.

• All faculty, staff and students will be informed of the ban on hoverboards in all facilities across campus. They are not allowed to be in a facility under any circumstance, even if it includes carrying it inside after riding it. The ban goes into effect on Monday, Jan. 25.

Jorge Chabo

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola”

1. Everyone in UM says:

This is simply ridiculous. I think there are more important issues in campus than a new flavor of soda.

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...

Notes from Miami's 2018 Football schedule. ...