Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola

UM Dining Services has partnered with Coca-Cola for new drink

Student Government President Brianna Hathaway announced UM’s new partnership with Coca-Cola to create a flavored drink specifically for the University of Miami. The soda is a mix of Vanilla Sprite and Orange Fanta and is expected to be available at the customizable flavor soda stations on campus, like the one at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill in the University Center.

Students will have a chance to give the new drink a name. To submit a name, text your C-number and your original name for the flavor to the SG hotline at 786-708-9969. The submission entry is open until Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m.

Three potential finalists will be chosen from the names submitted based on “creativity, consumer appeal and straightforwardness of the name” according to an SG Facebook event page for the competition. The winner will be awarded $500 and the other two finalists will each be awarded $100.

Notes

• Dining hall hours have been extended to 9:30 p.m. on weekdays.

• There will be a screening of Selma Thursday night at 7 p.m. as a part of Martin Luther King Jr. Week.

• The Wellness Center will be holding a Battleship tournament on Friday at 6 p.m. at the indoor pool.

• All faculty, staff and students will be informed of the ban on hoverboards in all facilities across campus. They are not allowed to be in a facility under any circumstance, even if it includes carrying it inside after riding it. The ban goes into effect on Monday, Jan. 25.

Jorge Chabo

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola”

1. Everyone in UM says:

This is simply ridiculous. I think there are more important issues in campus than a new flavor of soda.

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The Miami Hurricanes are set to take on the Toledo Rockets at Hard Rock Stadium. ...

Nathan Kuck and Maryam Jawid led the University of Miami cross country program with top 10 finishes ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...