Senate Recap: UM Dining Services partners with Coca-Cola

UM Dining Services has partnered with Coca-Cola for new drink

Student Government President Brianna Hathaway announced UM’s new partnership with Coca-Cola to create a flavored drink specifically for the University of Miami. The soda is a mix of Vanilla Sprite and Orange Fanta and is expected to be available at the customizable flavor soda stations on campus, like the one at Lime Fresh Mexican Grill in the University Center.

Students will have a chance to give the new drink a name. To submit a name, text your C-number and your original name for the flavor to the SG hotline at 786-708-9969. The submission entry is open until Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m.

Three potential finalists will be chosen from the names submitted based on “creativity, consumer appeal and straightforwardness of the name” according to an SG Facebook event page for the competition. The winner will be awarded $500 and the other two finalists will each be awarded $100.

Notes

• Dining hall hours have been extended to 9:30 p.m. on weekdays.

• There will be a screening of Selma Thursday night at 7 p.m. as a part of Martin Luther King Jr. Week.

• The Wellness Center will be holding a Battleship tournament on Friday at 6 p.m. at the indoor pool.

• All faculty, staff and students will be informed of the ban on hoverboards in all facilities across campus. They are not allowed to be in a facility under any circumstance, even if it includes carrying it inside after riding it. The ban goes into effect on Monday, Jan. 25.

Jorge Chabo

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...