Campus Life, Crime and Safety, News, Uncategorized

Senior dies after jumping from stairwell at School of Communication

Aime

Aime

A University of Miami senior died overnight after trying to jump between two ledges at the School of Communication.

Estefano Aime, a graduate of Palmer Trinity School in Palmetto Bay, was an Entrepreneurship major in the School of Business who worked at the Rathskeller restaurant on campus and was a member of the Kiteboarding Club, according to tweets from UM President Julio Frenk. Frenk also tweeted that Aime was on the Dean’s List and had previously studied abroad in Rome.

“The entire University of Miami community is in mourning following an apparent accident on the Coral Gables campus, after which a student passed away. Miamian Estefano Aime was a senior in the School of Business majoring in Entrepreneurship, who worked on campus at the Rathskeller. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends,” the school said in a statement.

Aime was dropped off on campus by a shuttle around midnight after a university event in Brickell and went to the fifth floor of the School of Communication building, where he tried to jump from one side of a stairwell to the other and fell, according to Miami-Dade police.

William Riggin

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

The Miami Hurricanes will kick off their 2018 home schedule at Hard Rock Stadium on Saturday, Sept. ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...