Campus Life, Crime and Safety, News, Uncategorized

Senior dies after jumping from stairwell at School of Communication

Aime

Aime

A University of Miami senior died overnight after trying to jump between two ledges at the School of Communication.

Estefano Aime, a graduate of Palmer Trinity School in Palmetto Bay, was an Entrepreneurship major in the School of Business who worked at the Rathskeller restaurant on campus and was a member of the Kiteboarding Club, according to tweets from UM President Julio Frenk. Frenk also tweeted that Aime was on the Dean’s List and had previously studied abroad in Rome.

“The entire University of Miami community is in mourning following an apparent accident on the Coral Gables campus, after which a student passed away. Miamian Estefano Aime was a senior in the School of Business majoring in Entrepreneurship, who worked on campus at the Rathskeller. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends,” the school said in a statement.

Aime was dropped off on campus by a shuttle around midnight after a university event in Brickell and went to the fifth floor of the School of Communication building, where he tried to jump from one side of a stairwell to the other and fell, according to Miami-Dade police.

William Riggin

Football season is nearly upon us. The University of Miami’s 2017 fall camp opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday ...

In an age in which committing once to a college football program isn’t always enough for fans and co ...

A six-pack of Canes notes: • It’s just different at UM – the camaraderie, the brotherhood, the desir ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt’s spin through the ESPN Car Wash on Tuesday began with ...

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...