Campus Life, Crime and Safety, News, Uncategorized

Senior dies after jumping from stairwell at School of Communication

Aime

Aime

A University of Miami senior died overnight after trying to jump between two ledges at the School of Communication.

Estefano Aime, a graduate of Palmer Trinity School in Palmetto Bay, was an Entrepreneurship major in the School of Business who worked at the Rathskeller restaurant on campus and was a member of the Kiteboarding Club, according to tweets from UM President Julio Frenk. Frenk also tweeted that Aime was on the Dean’s List and had previously studied abroad in Rome.

“The entire University of Miami community is in mourning following an apparent accident on the Coral Gables campus, after which a student passed away. Miamian Estefano Aime was a senior in the School of Business majoring in Entrepreneurship, who worked on campus at the Rathskeller. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends,” the school said in a statement.

Aime was dropped off on campus by a shuttle around midnight after a university event in Brickell and went to the fifth floor of the School of Communication building, where he tried to jump from one side of a stairwell to the other and fell, according to Miami-Dade police.

About Author

William Riggin

Here’s a positive sign for the University of Miami football program: receiver Lawrence Cager appears ...

Tidbits from UM spring football Day 4: • Three of what likely will be UM’s top four corners haven’t ...

You’ve probably seen them: the emotive tweets from University of Miami football coach Mark Richt and ...

And another one... The stars just keep committing. A few hours after Miami Southridge’s nationally h ...

Want an early look at the incoming shooting guard who has a chance to become Miami’s best basketball ...

More than 250 participants met at the UM Fieldhouse at the Watsco Center to learn more from industry ...

Redshirt freshman diver David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men’s 10-meter plat ...

UM junior Gina Panarese was surprised on campus Thursday by the Ellen DeGeneres show and asked to pa ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

Highlights from the 2016-17 Miami men's basketball season ...

Miami fell to No. 34 University of Louisville, 4-1, Sunday at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center. ...

Facing its 10th top-30 opponent in 13 matches this season, the No. 37 Miami women's tennis team ...

Junior lefthander Michael Mediavilla was his vintage self, Miami's offense came through again, ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...