Football, Poll, Sports

POLL: Miami Hurricanes Head Coach Mark Richt

The University of Miami officially announced Friday morning that alumnus Mark Richt will become the next football head coach for the Miami Hurricanes. Richt hails from the University of Georgia, where he was the football program’s head coach for 15 years.

Richt compiled a 145-51 overall record and an 85-40 mark in Southeastern Conference play; won two SEC championships, six SEC East titles and nine bowl games; and finished the season in the Associated Press Top Ten rankings seven times. However, the Dawgs never won a National Championship during Richt’s tenure, something the Miami Hurricanes have also been missing for almost 15 years.

With all this in mind, one question comes to mind:

Do you think Mark Richt was a good hire for the Miami Hurricanes?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sherman Hewitt

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...