Football, Poll, Sports

POLL: Miami Hurricanes Head Coach Mark Richt

The University of Miami officially announced Friday morning that alumnus Mark Richt will become the next football head coach for the Miami Hurricanes. Richt hails from the University of Georgia, where he was the football program’s head coach for 15 years.

Richt compiled a 145-51 overall record and an 85-40 mark in Southeastern Conference play; won two SEC championships, six SEC East titles and nine bowl games; and finished the season in the Associated Press Top Ten rankings seven times. However, the Dawgs never won a National Championship during Richt’s tenure, something the Miami Hurricanes have also been missing for almost 15 years.

With all this in mind, one question comes to mind:

Do you think Mark Richt was a good hire for the Miami Hurricanes?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sherman Hewitt

The king has been dethroned. The University of Miami’s often painful uphill journey came crashing to ...

University of Miami tennis player Estela Perez-Somarriba, who made history on Sunday as the first fr ...

The University of Miami baseball team isn’t used to straddling the fence when it comes to being invi ...

Now, all that’s left is the waiting. The University of Miami baseball team, fighting to extend its 4 ...

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team forced a third set in the NCAA Singles ...

Inclement weather made them wait, but Ebony Morrison and a pair of University of Miami relay teams p ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team cemented her name in the record books S ...

Miami's run at the 2017 ACC Championship ended in the semifinals Saturday, as the sixth-seeded ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba posted a 6-4, 5-7, 6-1 victory over Mia Horvit Saturday, becoming the fourth ...