Football, Poll, Sports

POLL: Miami Hurricanes Head Coach Mark Richt

The University of Miami officially announced Friday morning that alumnus Mark Richt will become the next football head coach for the Miami Hurricanes. Richt hails from the University of Georgia, where he was the football program’s head coach for 15 years.

Richt compiled a 145-51 overall record and an 85-40 mark in Southeastern Conference play; won two SEC championships, six SEC East titles and nine bowl games; and finished the season in the Associated Press Top Ten rankings seven times. However, the Dawgs never won a National Championship during Richt’s tenure, something the Miami Hurricanes have also been missing for almost 15 years.

With all this in mind, one question comes to mind:

Do you think Mark Richt was a good hire for the Miami Hurricanes?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sherman Hewitt

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...