Football, Poll, Sports

POLL: Miami Hurricanes Head Coach Mark Richt

The University of Miami officially announced Friday morning that alumnus Mark Richt will become the next football head coach for the Miami Hurricanes. Richt hails from the University of Georgia, where he was the football program’s head coach for 15 years.

Richt compiled a 145-51 overall record and an 85-40 mark in Southeastern Conference play; won two SEC championships, six SEC East titles and nine bowl games; and finished the season in the Associated Press Top Ten rankings seven times. However, the Dawgs never won a National Championship during Richt’s tenure, something the Miami Hurricanes have also been missing for almost 15 years.

With all this in mind, one question comes to mind:

Do you think Mark Richt was a good hire for the Miami Hurricanes?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sherman Hewitt

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in its first road game of the seaso ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...