Blogs, UBuzz

Twitter reacts to UM hiring Mark Richt as Miami Hurricanes head coach

Former UGA Head Coach and Hurricane Mark Richt will return to Miami to be the Hurricanes next head coach, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInSight.com and other news outlets.

See More: Mark Richt will be next head coach of Miami Hurricanes

Twitter was ablaze with tweets reacting to the hire. Look below to find thoughts from current players, former players and recruits.

Current Players

Defensive back Sheldrick Redwine:

Running back Gus Edwards:

Wide receiver Malcolm Lewis:

Defensive line Demetrius Jackson:

Running back Trayone Gray:

Former Players

Ereck Flowers:

Anthony Chickillo:

Matt Goudis:

Seantrel Henderson

Recruits

Shaquille Quarterman
Position: Inside Linebacker
Ranking: 0.9360
High School: Oakleaf

Binjimen Victor
Position: Wide Receiver
Ranking: 0.9613
High School: Coconut Creek

Jawon Hamilton
Position: Running Back
Ranking: 0.7919
High School: South Dade

Photo courtesy Flickr user FLC.

Sherman Hewitt

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

Miami Hurricanes senior wide receiver Braxton Berrios sprinted — in a joyous frenzy — for about 30 y ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was not going to let his Hurricanes be denied. ...

View photos from the Toledo Rockets at Miami Hurricanes game Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017, at Hard Rock ...

What seemed like calamity at the half turned out OK. The defense stepped up, Malik Rosier stepped up ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Sunday, Sinead Lohan became the first person in Miami women's tennis history to win the singles ...

The Miami women's tennis team concluded its opening weekend of play Sunday on the final day of ...

The University of Miami swimming team continued its weekend at All-Florida Invitational at the Steph ...