Blogs, UBuzz

Twitter reacts to UM hiring Mark Richt as Miami Hurricanes head coach

Former UGA Head Coach and Hurricane Mark Richt will return to Miami to be the Hurricanes next head coach, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInSight.com and other news outlets.

See More: Mark Richt will be next head coach of Miami Hurricanes

Twitter was ablaze with tweets reacting to the hire. Look below to find thoughts from current players, former players and recruits.

Current Players

Defensive back Sheldrick Redwine:

Running back Gus Edwards:

Wide receiver Malcolm Lewis:

Defensive line Demetrius Jackson:

Running back Trayone Gray:

Former Players

Ereck Flowers:

Anthony Chickillo:

Matt Goudis:

Seantrel Henderson

Recruits

Shaquille Quarterman
Position: Inside Linebacker
Ranking: 0.9360
High School: Oakleaf

Binjimen Victor
Position: Wide Receiver
Ranking: 0.9613
High School: Coconut Creek

Jawon Hamilton
Position: Running Back
Ranking: 0.7919
High School: South Dade

Photo courtesy Flickr user FLC.

Sherman Hewitt

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

A six-pack of UM football notes: ▪ After UM’s 44-28 victory against Virginia on Saturday, Cavaliers ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, featuring the Coastal Division champion Miami Hurri ...

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...