Blogs, UBuzz

Twitter reacts to UM hiring Mark Richt as Miami Hurricanes head coach

Former UGA Head Coach and Hurricane Mark Richt will return to Miami to be the Hurricanes next head coach, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInSight.com and other news outlets.

See More: Mark Richt will be next head coach of Miami Hurricanes

Twitter was ablaze with tweets reacting to the hire. Look below to find thoughts from current players, former players and recruits.

Current Players

Defensive back Sheldrick Redwine:

Running back Gus Edwards:

Wide receiver Malcolm Lewis:

Defensive line Demetrius Jackson:

Running back Trayone Gray:

Former Players

Ereck Flowers:

Anthony Chickillo:

Matt Goudis:

Seantrel Henderson

Recruits

Shaquille Quarterman
Position: Inside Linebacker
Ranking: 0.9360
High School: Oakleaf

Binjimen Victor
Position: Wide Receiver
Ranking: 0.9613
High School: Coconut Creek

Jawon Hamilton
Position: Running Back
Ranking: 0.7919
High School: South Dade

Photo courtesy Flickr user FLC.

Sherman Hewitt

Football season is nearly upon us. The University of Miami’s 2017 fall camp opens at 9 a.m. Tuesday ...

In an age in which committing once to a college football program isn’t always enough for fans and co ...

A six-pack of Canes notes: • It’s just different at UM – the camaraderie, the brotherhood, the desir ...

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt’s spin through the ESPN Car Wash on Tuesday began with ...

University of Miami legendary receiver Michael Irvin is no doubt relieved, as likely is UM football ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...