Blogs, UBuzz

Twitter reacts to UM hiring Mark Richt as Miami Hurricanes head coach

Former UGA Head Coach and Hurricane Mark Richt will return to Miami to be the Hurricanes next head coach, as first reported by Peter Ariz of CanesInSight.com and other news outlets.

See More: Mark Richt will be next head coach of Miami Hurricanes

Twitter was ablaze with tweets reacting to the hire. Look below to find thoughts from current players, former players and recruits.

Current Players

Defensive back Sheldrick Redwine:

Running back Gus Edwards:

Wide receiver Malcolm Lewis:

Defensive line Demetrius Jackson:

Running back Trayone Gray:

Former Players

Ereck Flowers:

Anthony Chickillo:

Matt Goudis:

Seantrel Henderson

Recruits

Shaquille Quarterman
Position: Inside Linebacker
Ranking: 0.9360
High School: Oakleaf

Binjimen Victor
Position: Wide Receiver
Ranking: 0.9613
High School: Coconut Creek

Jawon Hamilton
Position: Running Back
Ranking: 0.7919
High School: South Dade

Photo courtesy Flickr user FLC.

Sherman Hewitt

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

The start to former Miami Hurricanes defensive end Chad Thomas' NFL career is going through a m ...

At one section of Miami's Richmond Park, Hurricanes offensive line coach Stacy Searels taught a ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

UM News interviewed a Miami Business School professor to learn more about claims that the changes co ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

The University of Miami track and field program got off to a strong start at the 2018 USATF Junior O ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...

Symone Mason, Tiara McMinn and Hasani Knight will be in the field of competitors at the 2018 USATF J ...

During the 2017-18 school year, Miami had student-athletes from 17 of the 32 countries in the FIFA W ...