Comedian Brian Regan to perform at Adrienne Arsht Center

brian_regan_comedian

Regan

A respected performer in America, Miami-born comedian Brian Regan has even been dubbed “a comedian’s comedian.” He’s parading the country on a nationwide live comedy tour with planned performances at 50 different locations in 27 states, and one of his stops is in Miami at the Adrienne Arsht Center on Dec. 11.

“I’m really looking forward to the show,” Regan said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been in Miami. I grew up there, so it’s a very special feeling to perform there.”

The upcoming show, Regan promises, will be chock-full of new material.

“I’ve always liked that idea of out with the old and in with the new,” he said.

It was a similar philosophy that first led Regan to pursuing comedy. “I was in college, thinking I was going to be an accountant … and that was boring the heck out of me,” he said. “I switched major to communication and theater arts, and one of my first classes was a speech class, and I used to try to make my speeches funny. It started getting into my bones. I was like, ‘Wow, I enjoy this. I enjoy making other people laugh.’ And so I hit on this quest to become a stand-up comedian.”

As for fulfillment, his career gives him plenty of it. “People don’t fake laugh. So when you get a room full of people laughing you know that’s an honest connection,” he said. “It’s a very fulfilling experience to feel that you’re connecting with other human beings, so I enjoy that. And when it’s all said and done, I get some drink tickets, 50 cents off for a beer after a show!”

Tickets for Brian Regan’s Dec.11 show at the Adrienne Arsht Center are available now at www.arshtcenter.org.

David Ufberg

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

Hurricanes will compete in Austin Regional May 7-9. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will seek its second postseason win in as many years ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...