Comedian Brian Regan to perform at Adrienne Arsht Center

brian_regan_comedian

Regan

A respected performer in America, Miami-born comedian Brian Regan has even been dubbed “a comedian’s comedian.” He’s parading the country on a nationwide live comedy tour with planned performances at 50 different locations in 27 states, and one of his stops is in Miami at the Adrienne Arsht Center on Dec. 11.

“I’m really looking forward to the show,” Regan said. “It’s been a while since I’ve been in Miami. I grew up there, so it’s a very special feeling to perform there.”

The upcoming show, Regan promises, will be chock-full of new material.

“I’ve always liked that idea of out with the old and in with the new,” he said.

It was a similar philosophy that first led Regan to pursuing comedy. “I was in college, thinking I was going to be an accountant … and that was boring the heck out of me,” he said. “I switched major to communication and theater arts, and one of my first classes was a speech class, and I used to try to make my speeches funny. It started getting into my bones. I was like, ‘Wow, I enjoy this. I enjoy making other people laugh.’ And so I hit on this quest to become a stand-up comedian.”

As for fulfillment, his career gives him plenty of it. “People don’t fake laugh. So when you get a room full of people laughing you know that’s an honest connection,” he said. “It’s a very fulfilling experience to feel that you’re connecting with other human beings, so I enjoy that. And when it’s all said and done, I get some drink tickets, 50 cents off for a beer after a show!”

Tickets for Brian Regan’s Dec.11 show at the Adrienne Arsht Center are available now at www.arshtcenter.org.

David Ufberg

Miami coach Mark Richt nearly went through his weekly teleconference Sunday without anyone asking hi ...

I opened my eyes this morning and for the first time in a long time, maybe all season, didn’t say, “ ...

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

For the second straight week, the Miami Hurricanes were ranked No. 2 in both the Associated Press po ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami volleyball team closed out the weekend with a convincing 3-0 win at Virginia ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...