Blogs, WCGSports

WCGSports: Golden State Warriors dominating, need more challenges

The Golden State Warriors have dominated the NBA season with a perfect 12-0 record.

The team burst onto the scene last season with a record 67-15 in the regular season, including a mind-boggling 39-2 at home at the Oracle Arena.

After capping off the season with an NBA title win over the Cleveland Cavaliers, many people speculated that the Warriors had an easy road to the final by avoiding the San Antonio Spurs and the Oklahoma City Thunder, in addition to the Warriors’ opponents not having a full healthy lineup.

The real question was whether the Warriors truly were as good as they seemed, or did the team just have one lucky season?

After 12 games this season, I can tell you that not only are the Warriors still the best team in the whole league – the team’s absolutely dominating most opponents so far.

Led by reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry, the Warriors have amassed 100 points in every game thus far. Although the team struggled against the Brooklyn Nets and had to win in overtime, the Warriors have been solid the first month of the season.

This year, Curry is on another level, averaging 33.4 ppg and 5.2 three-pointers per game. It’s unheard of to average that many threes in a game.

The key reason for all the scoring by Curry and the rest of the team is the incapability of other teams to play aggressive defense early in the season. Come playoff time, the Warriors will be challenged more and need to depend on more than just three-pointers.

The most wins in a season of all-time came from the Chicago Bulls in 1996 with a record of 72-10. Although it is too early to tell whether that record will be broken this year, the Warriors have a good chance to do so.

Wyatt Geller

You’ve got to expect the Las Vegas sportsbooks to come strong and smart with two days of Florida col ...

Here’s why UM moving up to No. 2 in the CFP poll was important, for reasons that extend beyond Canes ...

You think you’ve got a lot of cooking to do to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner? Imagine how busy the ...

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

At the entrance of the University of Miami’s Sue and Leonard Miller Center for Contemporary Judaic S ...

UM Police Department's Innovative Fundraiser Sells Abandoned Bikes to Support United Way ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

Dewan Huell scored a career-high 16 points as the Canes defeated La Salle in Reading, Pa. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team had to break a 10-year-old record to overcome sturdy Georgia ...

Here are three matchups to watch as the No. 2 Hurricanes face Pitt with a chance to finish the regul ...

The Hurricanes jumped o to No. 2 in the latest College Football Playoff rankings released Tuesday, e ...

The Miami women's basketball team's annual Miami Thanksgiving Tournament begins Friday at ...